At 4am This Morning...

Razors Edge

...my 11 yr old pup fell out of our bed for the first time ever!

Normally, she lies in the center of the bed providing her normal chaperoning duties, but somehow, she was on the outside of me, and probable wiggled too much or rolled over in a dream, but whatever, we were both awakened to a loud thump, and her sitting sheepishly on the floor.  I think she was actually quite stunned and maybe even a bit still asleep, but she didn't yelp and she didn't seem hurt.  It's about a 3' drop, so probably not awful but definitely not a nice way to be awoken.

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

Poor pup.  It's sad when something unpleasant happens to a trusting animal - they're so surprised.

My prior cat was the sweetest cat I've had but not the brightest.  She'd occasionally stretch and fall off the bed, and then look all confused like she didn't know what happened.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

She'd occasionally stretch and fall off the bed, and then look all confused like she didn't know what happened.

I told my wife I thought my dog assumed I pushed her off the bed!  I don't want her blaming me for her own mistake!

She definitely seemed confused like she didn't know WTF happened but whatever it was, it was not to her liking.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

...my 11 yr old pup fell out of our bed for the first time ever!

Just a few days ago our 12 year old Jack Russel fell out of the bed.   His first time too.   WoBG and the dogs were in bed.  I was up checking the home, during our 24 hour power outage.  I was thinking how quite it was, no noise from the A/C, frig, etc...  and then BOOM.   A 22 pound dog sure makes a lot of noise hitting the floor.  

Years ago, in 1984, when our Cocker Spaniel just a puppy,  While he was scratching himself (a lot) he got so involved with scratching he must have rolled over.  He was small enough he rolled under a railing that had horizontal bars and fell about 12 feet from the second floor down to the first floor.  We didn't see the fall, we heard the fall, and it was loud....  the dog was just fine.  He sat there for a while, being dazed and confused.  Then in little while he got up and walked away.   He never got close to the edge again. 

• Awesome 1