Shrimp dinner

Parsnip Totin Jack

I bought a pound of NC wild-caught shrimp from Wegmans today. $16.99 is pricey. I can get shrimp at Super H for $7.99 a pound but I believe those are farmed shrimp with no regulation, (i.e. shrimp farmed in cesspools). 24 per pound. I shelled and deveined the shrimp, tossing the shells in a small saucepan. Covered with water and boiled to make a shrimp stock. Melted 2 Tblsp butter in a skillet, added 2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp each of, salt, crushed red pepper, thyme, rosemary, and 1/4 tsp oregano. 2 cloves crushed garlic and the shrimp. After two minutes added, 1/2 cup shrimp stock, then 1/4 cup beer. Cooked shrimp through and served with crusty French bread for dipping, steamed corn on the cob, and fried okra. No pics to share as I was busy at the stove.

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I bought a pound of NC wild-caught shrimp from Wegmans today. $16.99 is pricey. I can get shrimp at Super H for $7.99 a pound but I believe those are farmed shrimp with no regulation, (i.e. shrimp farmed in cesspools). 24 per pound. I shelled and deveined the shrimp, tossing the shells in a small saucepan. Covered with water and boiled to make a shrimp stock. Melted 2 Tblsp butter in a skillet, added 2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp each of, salt, crushed red pepper, thyme, rosemary, and 1/4 tsp oregano. 2 cloves crushed garlic and the shrimp. After two minutes added, 1/2 cup shrimp stock, then 1/4 cup beer. Cooked shrimp through and served with crusty French bread for dipping, steamed corn on the cob, and fried okra. No pics to share as I was busy at the stove.

But.... were they medium shrimp???