Floor - before and after

Square Wheels

22 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Looks more better. I hate when you find that previous owners did shoddy repair work. Good lord, take a little pride and make it look good.

This! Or worse, the original crew building the house. Stuff I've found couldn't always be blamed on the prior/original owner.

AAAAAIIIEEEEE! Blown-in insulation!!!! :runcirclsmiley:

That shit is the very bane of my existence. If I ever meet the person who invented it, they will die a slow, painful death.

Every time I crack into something in my house, I have to deal with that shit. When I replaced the plywood soffits with vented ones, I found that they'd even blown that shit out there. There was no way to get it out other than to pull as many nails as I could and then duck and cover as I pulled the plywood down. When I gutted the bedrooms, best I could do was suit up in full hazmat gear and rip the sheetrock down, then leave the room and wait for the dust to settle. Shovel and trashbags to get it out.

4 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

AAAAAIIIEEEEE! Blown-in insulation!!!!

The house is from the 60s.  The only place I've seen it is in the floor.  It helps a lot with sound.  Before we moved in I put 6 recessed lights in the kitchen.  I pulled out trash barrels full of the staff where I put the lights, even though they were rated for direct contact.

16 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

I have it too.  It's in my attic, it's dirty, and gets everywhere.  Someone could make a good business out of removing it from houses using a vacuum truck. 

The only “easy part” about the removal process is getting rid of it. I put it on Craigscam for free and I had guys almost getting  in a fistfight in the driveway, over it.:rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Do you have one of the clear plastic mats under the office chair?  It looks like you have one... but I'm not sure.   If you do, the mat you have is a LOT more clear than the one I have under my chair.

The floor looks good...

Nope, no mat yet.  I think I'll get a rug though.  The chair rolls way too easily.  Plus in the winter, it will be cold.

59 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Nope, no mat yet.  I think I'll get a rug though.  The chair rolls way too easily.  Plus in the winter, it will be cold.

I have a clear rubber/plastic mat under my chair.  My theory... I paid for a nice floor, I want to see it.  I wear wool socks in the winter. 

1986322708_deskmat.thumb.jpg.0d74d2cea74d08ff4bd33d9a051c4760.jpg

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Is it rolly? 

Not as much as the bare floor.  If I recall..  It is made of vinyl.  So it is not a hard rigid plastic.  It is a softer plastic.  (It may have been rolled up in a box, I can't remember.)  I do remember driving to a few different places to see and feel the mat before I purchased one.  The bottom of the mat (floor side) is smooth.  The top of the mat has a textured finish, just so you don't role so much.