GoPro For The Win

Razors Edge

...but Youtube is still a fickle platform.  I gotta figure out how to optimize HD (1080) video.  Next step up is 2.7 then 4k.   Baby steps.

What nice in the GoPro is the really good job it does with image stabilization.  You can see how it does it (to some degree) by seeing that the hoods come and go from the picture even though they are in a fixed position relative to the GoPro. I'm assuming if grabs a larger area and then uses a slightly smaller field for the video.  But, on the bike, when you go from paved to gravel, there is quite a bit of bumping around and the GoPro smooths that out a lot.

I don't know how much storage is available in cameras other than mine. Limited storage is the main reason I switched to recording in 720. 720p requires less than 1080p. 60 fps also provides better video but uses more storage with twice the number of frames per second. 1080p60 vs. 1080p30.

3 hours ago, donkpow said:

I don't know how much storage is available in cameras other than mine. Limited storage is the main reason I switched to recording in 720. 720p requires less than 1080p. 60 fps also provides better video but uses more storage with twice the number of frames per second. 1080p60 vs. 1080p30.

It takes microSD, and I have lots of those. It's more about battery life with a GoPro since, at 1080, you won't even fill a 32gb chip.  I have a few 128gb chips that I will swap in for the 2.7k and 4k trials.  It creates some large files, though:

image.png.862db1ea14cf30325d69ff1878e81249.png

• Heart 1

THM are thumbnail files of the associated videos. LRV is a low resolution video file of the associated video. GoPro Studio used to convert the MP4 videos into video of an editable video format using the Cineform codec. It is still a highly touted format right up their with Apple ProRes.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Beautiful scenery. I'm a little surprised a pack of dogs didn't chase you.

BTW, were you whining a little bit? :lol:

I constantly mutter.  Hit a pothole and bitch. See a weird mailbox and comment. Not sure where the road goes and complain. 

10 hours ago, donkpow said:

I thought it would be fun to use the two camera setup. Point one forward to the road and the second rearward toward the rider's face. We'd see something then, wouldn't we?

More than you would like :)  Lots of sweat. Probably some bugs.  Surely a lot of hair.

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:35 AM, donkpow said:

I thought it would be fun to use the two camera setup. Point one forward to the road and the second rearward toward the rider's face. We'd see something then, wouldn't we?

I've done some where I stopped mid ride to change the camera position for multiple points of view on a video. Here's an example. It starts with a bit of mechanicky stuff, but gets into the ride part after a minute or two,

7 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

I've done some where I stopped mid ride to change the camera position for multiple points of view on a video. Here's an example. It starts with a bit of mechanicky stuff, but gets into the ride part after a minute or two,

That's a crazy drivetrain!

• Heart 1