Insurance

maddmaxx

After comparing my insurance experience during the busted pipe kitchen disaster last year and Dr. Micks experience during his house fire, followed by a rather startling rate increase in both my homeowners policy and my auto policy I shopped around.

I have a local agent who has returned a quote to me from MAPFRE that looks at least as good as the policies I had with a significant lowering of my premiums (over $400 each auto/home).  Given that I now have a well rated local agent to handle my claims which was one of my chief complaints about the kitchen claim I believe I'm going to accept these quotes.  One of the things that I spoke to her about was my desire to have a company like Dr. Micks that told me to step back and everything would be handled by them instead of my having to arrange contractors etc.

Does anyone know anything really bad about MAPFRE (American Commerce Insurance Company) that might advise me of a potential dealbreaker?

52 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Does anyone know anything really bad about MAPFRE (American Commerce Insurance Company) that might advise me of a potential dealbreaker?

They don't provide insurance in my area.   But I found this...   (I use State Farm for home and auto)

https://www.valuepenguin.com/mapfre-auto-home-insurance-review

16 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

They don't provide insurance in my area.   But I found this...   (I use State Farm for home and auto)

https://www.valuepenguin.com/mapfre-auto-home-insurance-review

Thanks.  I understand the claims and given the little use our automobiles get I'm willing to live with the auto policy to get a bundled home/auto policy with my local agent.  The price is still significantly lower than the Hartford was offering.  I hadn't seen this review before though.