Funny how seeing something from a different perspective...

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

...plays with your ability to immediately discern what it is.

It took me more than a few seconds to recognize the "thing" in the other lane this morning was a car, since I was looking at the bottom of it as I drove by. :blink:

Small consolation that it ended up driver's door up, I guess.

When playing in chess tournaments, it's often advantageous to get out of your chair and walk behind your opponent to see the board from his point of view.  Online or in computer chess programs you can just flip the board and, in some cases, have it displayed in a 3D-view.

When things change their usual surroundings, I often have trouble placing them.  Linda Lavin, TV's "Alice," played "Phyllis" on "Mom." She was Christy's daughter's fiance's mother and I kept thinking last night, "Where do I know that actress from?"  It came to me after several minutes.

Even tougher was watching the BBC Comedy "Blackadder," where the dumb idiot Prince of Medieval times is played by Hugh Laurie, who I would have recognized immediately as TV's "House" except he played this before "House" and he was speaking in his real English accent.  The main character, Edmund Blackadder, is a speaking role played by Rowan Atkinson, who many of us knew first as "Mr. Bean," the almost-never-talking guy in the show of the same name.

Believe it or not, that's Hugh Laurie ("House") on the right and Rowan Atkinson ("Mr. Bean") on the left, playing the idiot Prince George and the deceitful noble Edmund Blackadder (theme song ending: "Blackadder, Blackadder, you really are a heel.").  It takes a while to recognize Hugh Laurie as as the Prince.

The series also insanely got transformed into "Blackadder Goes Forth," set in WW1, where Laurie becomes Lieutenant George (bottom picture).

There have been rumors over the past few years of a Blackadder series revival with the original cast.

Blackadder The Third's Cunning Compilation | Blackadder The Third ... Hugh Laurie as Prince George in Black Adder, oh how I love that ...

Some Sort of Epic Grandeur | Blackadder, Blackadder quotes, Comedy tv  12 Things You Might Not Know About Blackadder Goes Forth | Mental ...

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I bet Kzoo speaks his kind of crazy!  The rest of us? Just watch from the sidelines and hope no one gets hurt.

You have reading comprehension issues?  The man was speaking splain Engrish.  

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

When playing in chess tournaments, it's often advantageous to get out of your chair and walk behind your opponent to see the board from his point of view. 

That helps in playing poker too, as long as you don’t get caught.

• Haha 2