Not Gonna See This Ever Again!

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I always thought it odd that Thomas was always referenced as a Welshman.  I guess that’s similar to LA being a Texan and not so much an American?

And Froome is Kenyan?  But all fall under the Brit "empire" to some extent.  But, it is weird to see the "Britishness" of Sky/Ineos disappear.  

"Froome was born in Kenya to British parents and grew up there and in South Africa. Since 2011 he's been a resident in Monaco."  :D

...and  this tidbit:

"The only British rider to make the team is Welshman Luke Rowe who will act as road captain."

31 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I always thought it odd that Thomas was always referenced as a Welshman.  I guess that’s similar to LA being a Texan and not so much an American?

Chris could probably explain this better. England, Scotland, and Wales are all separate countries.

They are all on the same island making them British.

The United Kingdom includes them plus Northern Ireland and a few other places that are mostly islands close by and the Falkland Islands and Bermuda. 

The British Commonwealth includes all the above plus places like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, plus many other places that was part of the British Empire.

• Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Chris could probably explain this better. England, Scotland, and Wales are all separate countries.

They are all on the same island making them British.

The United Kingdom includes them plus Northern Ireland and a few other places that are mostly islands close by and the Falkland Islands and Bermuda. 

The British Commonwealth includes all the above plus places like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, plus many other places that was part of the British Empire.

Don't try to explain that STUPIDITY!!!!  You're just letting them persist with the inanity and force the "normal" countries of the world to pretend it is reasonable.

• Haha 1