Have you ever wished your town was covered in chocolate?

Randomguy

A Swiss town was covered in chocolate snow after an error at a Lindt factory

12 hours ago
Snapchat

olten switzerland

Olten in Switzerland.  Getty

• Chocolate powder fell from the sky like snow in a Swiss town last week following a ventilation defect at a Lindt and Sprüngli factory.
  • Strong winds in Olten picked up the cocoa powder, leaving a dusting of chocolate over the area surrounding the factory, according to the Associated Press.
  • Lindt and Sprüngli said the chocolate was harmless to both people and the environment.
  • Many people loved the news: "Chocolate snowflakes falling from the sky, dreams do come true!" one person tweeted.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

The chocoholic dream came true for residents of a small Swiss town on Saturday when "chocolate snow" seemed to fall from the sky.

Small chocolate shavings rained down on Olten, between Zurich and Basel, after a malfunction at a Lindt and Sprüngli factory.

The chocolate manufacturer confirmed that it had a minor defect in the cooling ventilation for a line for roasted cocoa nibs (crushed cocoa beans that are then made into chocolate), according to the Associated Press.

Strong gusts of wind then picked up the chocolate powder, leaving a dusting of cocoa over the area surrounding the factory.

Needless to say, many people loved the idea.

"It finally happened guys!! 2020 screwed up just enough that it finally did something right," one Twitter user said.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I did like your post, and not even Kirby said good  things about the chocolate snow!  Plus nobody liked my article, and I feel that Cheese would have.

I found it fascinating actually. So when the system isn’t broken where does all the lovely chocolate snow go?

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I found it fascinating actually. So when the system isn’t broken where does all the lovely chocolate snow go?

It goes into super-nice high quality Lindt chocolate bars that are yummy.  The really tasty easter candy I got RO were Lindt, they were chocolate carrots, bunnies, duckies, and for some reason, bugs.  This is the stuff that actually didn't suffer much at all from the freezing/unfreezing process, but I followed directions and did it the right way.  It was made all the better because I got it half-price.

• Heart 2