Skeet shooting

Allen

14 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

No, it’s called “being honest with yourself”.

If everyone practiced it, sales of boats, campers, snowmobiles and exercise equipment would plunge.

True dat.

Now that I have my perfectly acceptable geezer bike I have only modelling, both plastic and RC drag cars for a hobby.  That's expensive enough for a retired guy.  Any more hobbies and I'd have to go back to work.

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

True dat.

Now that I have my perfectly acceptable geezer bike I have only modelling, both plastic and RC drag cars for a hobby.  That's expensive enough for a retired guy.  Any more hobbies and I'd have to go back to work.

You can always branch out from "hobbies" & sports, to what many (most? all?) middle aged guys do which is tools and stuff related to that.

Lose your power once in a while (I know you do!), get a generator!  Get a foot of snow one winter? Get a snowblower!  Tired of cutting the 1/4 acre of grass with a push mower? Get a ride-on mower!  Is the siding dingy and moldy? Get a power washer!  How about a tree limb down in the yard? Get a chain saw and a chipper!  New to replace some crown moulding? Time for a miter saw, a nail gun, an air compressor, a new bench, and some other power tools!

You can do it, Maxx!

• Heart 1

We used to do a lot of trap & skeet back in the day.  I had a sweet 1100 but it got stolen... 

We secured our bird thrower to a big block of wood and it kept it from moving around.  But it then became a PITA to load & unload...  I had a scar on my leg for years where the arm got me. my cousin was cocking it back & I was leaning in to put a bird down when it slipped out of his hand before cocking and whacked me on the thigh... Nice puncture wound... 

16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I hate to admit this but I don’t even know when skeet season is in Texas or what the bag limit is

Unlimited bag limit on skeet. Those damn things are a nuisance as they are everywhere...   Local laws vary but skeet season in CA is year round.

• Heart 1