10523178_718221604910407_552231658274087

Bike ride to Hart Mi.

This place was a nice friendly stop

10534642_718219964910571_522501253852417

10374986_718218811577353_188337143572332

A short ride to Ludington Mi.

Where we got on this boat.

10574312_718221031577131_264992696079506

Than a short 30 mile ride home. The weather was sunny and 80° everyday except for 15 min of rain on day two's ride.

Round trip 175 miles.

Spent the last two hours cleaning the bicycles and fixing scratches in the paint on my bike. Some asshole piled there bikes on top of mine on the S.S. Badger: Lake Michigan Car ferry. I wanted to talk to someone that works there about it no one would. I had to fill out a survey card and had to put my email address so someone would contact me. So far nothing. I'm pissed.

We were told just lean them up agent the wall on the ship and I told the guy that I was not comfortable with that. Oh they will be fine he says.

When we went to retrieve the bikes mine was leaning over and there were three beat up Walmart specials on top of mine.

• Heart 1

S W

No.. The damage to the bike I can fix. I worked off and on in auto body repair and still do some custom painting on the side.

The trip was a hoot and all ready making plans for the next one.

Dirtyhip

My wife thanks you for the compliment. We try to eat healthy and workout.

Some people that I work with say that we should act more are age but we are not ready to slow down yet.

We in joy indoor rock climbing, running, swimming, biking (road and mountain) and yoga.

• Heart 2

I am laughing, because "the ride", um, sounded strange in that context.  I meant the BIKE ride.  HAHAHAHA!  I always seem to do that, unintentionally.   :lol:

and I wish my area required taking a Ferry somewhere. Gots to drive for that.  If I had enough time I would hit somewhere with a Ferry.  

Take more pics, of the trip.  :whistle:

• Heart 1

Looks like a fun trip.

You're not the first person I've heard from that wasn't overly impressed with the load securing on the Badger. I've been wanting to ride the motorbikes around Lake Michigan using the SS Badger to bypass the congestion that is Chicago. Maybe I'll wait till my motorcycle gets a few years older before I try it. :huh:

T S

You load your own motorcycle on the Badger. I think they don't give a shit a bout bicycles. On the Lake Express there are wall hooks to hang the bicycles on.

D H

Were lucky that we have two car ferrys that take us to Michigan. One is 30 miles to the north and one 60 miles south.

BR46...looks like you and your bride had a great trip.

Shame about the bikes on the Badger, tho. They used to be very careful about the passengers belongings.

I remember when the Badger, her sister Spartan and the City of Midland ran from Milwaukee to Ludington. At that time, they were part of the C&O rail system. Up in Manitowoc, the Ann Arbor rail used to run ferrys also.They sailed to Frankfort Mi. and I want to say Muskegon too. There is a push to shut down the Badger. She's the last coal fired ship on Lake Michigan, and it is claimed she runs very dirty. I'd hate to see her go.

We used to take them across at times when heading back home to visit family. Great memories from dhildhood.

Tammy aka. the wife wanted to go for a short bike ride today so she can say that we road 200 miles this week while on vacation

I don't know where to go for the next bike trip. Any idea?

Tomorrow it's back to work.

Tammy aka. the wife wanted to go for a short bike ride today so she can say that we road 200 miles this week while on vacation

I don't know where to go for the next bike trip. Any idea?

Tomorrow it's back to work.

Fly them down to the keys and ride around there.  That's a bucket list ride for me.

• Heart 1

Looks like the trip was a lot of fun! Sorry your bike got scratched, but try not to let that be the defining point of the trip. Bikes can be repaired.

Come to the midatlantic. There's some great touring opportunities here. The Skyline Drive being one of the most breath taking!

• Heart 1