2700 ft of climbing yesterday

Dirtyhip

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am exhausted.  My hands and quads are very tired and sore. 

I spent 5+ hours of my bike yesterday.  

That seems a little "low" for that much time in the saddle.

Awesome though, that you got that much outside time!  Two rides, correct?  Are you on vacation?  You've got the swan pics, now the biking stuff, plus you were house-sitting or something last week.  Is this one big Summer Adventure?

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That seems a little "low" for that much time in the saddle.

Awesome though, that you got that much outside time!  Two rides, correct?  Are you on vacation?  You've got the swan pics, now the biking stuff, plus you were house-sitting or something last week.  Is this one big Summer Adventure?

Sorry that I am not going fast enough for you.  :rolleyes:

Second ride was a snail pace.  I was very tired and was riding with kids, which is a shit show of cat herding.

Our park is very technical.  Maybe you can come out here sometime and show me how slow I am, over this terrain.  I averaged 6.1 for the morning ride.  I look forward to you showing me how to go faster. 

• Hugs 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Sorry that I am not going fast enough for you.  :rolleyes:

Second ride was a snail pace.  I was very tired and was riding with kids, which is a shit show of cat herding.

Our park is very technical.  Maybe you can come out here sometime and show me how slow I am, over this terrain.  I averaged 6.1 for the morning ride.  I look forward to you showing me how to go faster. 

Oh geez - that's some butt hurt :D

You might have missed my MTB thread last week, but if you did, I was the guy whose Garmin kept pausing due to my slow speed (and dense tree cover).  I get it!

But yeah, you need to pick up the pace.  If you're herding the kids and not dropping them like a bag of hammers, how are they ever gonna learn that life is hard????