Jump to content

Full price offer made a few minutes ago


Scrapr
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Wilsonville/12011-SW-Lausanne-St-97070/home/25774055

This is the plan that i like...but   not exactly the street I love. The area i love has homes facing each other w/a greenway in between. Not street facing. This home faces a small park. Maybe 7 homes on this park area. The plan has Master big bedroom on the main. The pictures match reality. Well taken care of. Went on the market yesterday afternoon. 1 showing last night, I was in at 9:00 am and 3 more showings today. The downsides are the side area has no grass. So probably have to take Eos out front to the park in my PJs at 1:00 am. Garage is a tiny bit small. 

The kicker is she is looking for a home in Bend. Hmmmm...I may have a home in Bend for sale. 

 

Never heard of Wilsonville, OR, but at least housing prices are reasonable there.  How's the Portland area's weather?  Similar to Seattle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wilsonville is a suburb of Portland. 20-30 mins to downtown Portland. Weather in the Valley (Portland to Eugene) is similar. A few degrees warmer than Seattle. Guess about same amount of rain. Lots of clouds. Will be a change from bend weather. In Bend you pretty much don't have to listen to the weatherman. Just assume it's going to be nice out

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

:nodhead:

So why move? Job? Family?  It is a neat neighborhood.

Friends over in Portland area. WoScrapr & I downsized 4 years ago from a town about 15 minutes from this place. Then she caught the cancer & passed in May 2019. We were just getting the friend thing going over in Bend. But her friends are not my cup of soup. And the friends in the valley are mostly >20 years. Plus healthcare is better in Portland. I h8 with a white hot passion the hospital in Bend. F'n amateurs. My business that i'm exiting I can go hang out at the office. I have long time contacts at the Homebuilder Association. When I was on the road I would always be looking forward to go home to WoScrapr. Now it's a bit empty & no real reason to go back. I did want one more summer in Bend & got that. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Friends over in Portland area. WoScrapr & I downsized 4 years ago from a town about 15 minutes from this place. Then she caught the cancer & passed in May 2019. We were just getting the friend thing going over in Bend. But her friends are not my cup of soup. And the friends in the valley are mostly >20 years. Plus healthcare is better in Portland. I h8 with a white hot passion the hospital in Bend. F'n amateurs. My business that i'm exiting I can go hang out at the office. I have long time contacts at the Homebuilder Association. When I was on the road I would always be looking forward to go home to WoScrapr. Now it's a bit empty & no real reason to go back. I did want one more summer in Bend & got that. 

A lot of good reasons (and sad ones) and like several of us have said, nice place!  Hope you get it!  I'm sure the pup won't mind you wandering the neighborhood in your PJs either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Wilsonville, eh?

Why not Clammy?  Cheaper. 

You can find a beautiful place.  Someone might throw your plants on the roof, though.  :dontknow:

plus all the Mt bike riders...and downhill coasters :P

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is a lovely looking inside house.  So you need a house that big ..for guests at this stage in your life?  I'm lost here...Scrapr.

But then myself and dearie are more small homes (condos) folks than most folks here.  

I agree living in city/town with good hospital/other medical services helps enormously.  ALOT.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

It is a lovely looking inside house.  So you need a house that big ..for guests at this stage in your life?  I'm lost here...Scrapr.

But then myself and dearie are more small homes (condos) folks than most folks here.  

I agree living in city/town with good hospital/other medical services helps enormously.  ALOT.  

Nope. Don't need that big a house. Original plan was 2 bed/2 bath 12-1500 SF. Our Bend house is 1500 SF. I fit well in it. I wanted a all ages neighborhood. The 55 & better places become (IMO) stagnant & a bunch of Gladys Kravitts. Always looking out for rule breakers. And a bit insular. If you go through there past 4:30 pm it is dead. But they seem to have a lot of 2 bed/2 ba homes. I wanted a small yard (didn't get that) for Eos to run around. But the park is right in front. Tons of kids around. It just makes the neighborhood funner w/kids. 

This plan was at the top end of SF for me. But one of the few that had the really big bedroom w/en suite bathroom right next to it & on the main floor. 

Bend is technically out of the service area for our health plan (Kaiser) We have fudged a little and say it's a vacation house while using MIL address sometimes. Kaiser kind of looks the other way. We have been in the Kaiser system for so long I don't think I could go to another way at my age. Too much work finding a doc that is in system & takes your coverage & bills correctly. Kaiser has it's faults but i know a few of them & can handle that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Very nice!  Good luck with your offer.  I liked the alcove space with the desk, couches and tv.

yeah that can be kind of a wasted dead space. She really did one of the nicest jobs furnishing that area I've seen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dottles said:

My wife and I are going small scale.  Moving into a smaller town and a smaller abode.  

I liked your exterior. The modern plan is becoming more popular. And the newer build will be more comfortable with the energy efficiency features built in. We found our small house more comfortable than our big house. Less drafts & cold/warm spots

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

I liked your exterior. The modern plan is becoming more popular. And the newer build will be more comfortable with the energy efficiency features built in. We found our small house more comfortable than our big house. Less drafts & cold/warm spots

Thanks!  But I really like this place you're looking at.  I'd love to retire in Bend and maybe it'll happen some day but right now I'm trying to look at the 15 year plan.  Of course if I lose my job then it's back to the drawing board.  I'll have to move up to Okanagan as a cabin boy for @Wilbur

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let us know if it gets accepted.  It's a pretty house, despite being on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE. :D

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

Thanks!  But I really like this place you're looking at.  I'd love to retire in Bend and maybe it'll happen some day but right now I'm trying to look at the 15 year plan.  Of course if I lose my job then it's back to the drawing board.  I'll have to move up to Okanagan as a cabin boy for @Wilbur

Bend is getting overcrowded.  You can't even go out to eat, without a wait list.  Maybe Scrapr knows angles for getting seated.  When we try to eat after a ride, it always seems like a huge wait.  Additionally, traffic.  The traffic is terrible in Bend and Portlandia area. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game is afoot. Broker just called. Buyer has another substantially higher offer. But is leaning towards mine because I can do a rent back for 2 months while she looks for a home. She wanted to see proof of funds. I just sent brokerage statements

@Dirtyhip there is no secret to getting a table. I'm pretty much just using food carts. Some of them are getting crowded too. I have found some success going out at the end of holiday weekends. Last night of the holiday we have got some nice relaxing dinners

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

The game is afoot. Broker just called. Buyer has another substantially higher offer. But is leaning towards mine because I can do a rent back for 2 months while she looks for a home. She wanted to see proof of funds. I just sent brokerage statements

@Dirtyhip there is no secret to getting a table. I'm pretty much just using food carts. Some of them are getting crowded too. I have found some success going out at the end of holiday weekends. Last night of the holiday we have got some nice relaxing dinners

I hate the proving income part of these transactions.  

They want to see proof of my ability to pay.  I don't like them seeing how much stuff I have in my trading account or my checking account. 

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I hate the proving income part of these transactions.  

They want to see proof of my ability to pay.  I don't like them seeing how much stuff I have in my trading account or my checking account. 

Yeah...I thought well now they are going to see I can go higher. But I'm going to just believe in the "good" of people. If she burns me I'll let loose the krakens  @Frank Calico Cat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I may be in the ballpark. I sweetened my side by waiving inspection & nominal rent back for 2 months. An addendum coming over to confirm. 

you are watching this Live from Oregon! <breathless announcer>

Excellent.  

We are getting an offer on Oaktown this afternoon, according to the realtor.

  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Let us know if it gets accepted.  It's a pretty house, despite being on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE. :D

Bend is getting overcrowded.  You can't even go out to eat, without a wait list.  Maybe Scrapr knows angles for getting seated.  When we try to eat after a ride, it always seems like a huge wait.  Additionally, traffic.  The traffic is terrible in Bend and Portlandia area. 

Not interested in Portland or Seattle. Probably not Bend. Boise maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I hate the proving income part of these transactions.  

They want to see proof of my ability to pay.  I don't like them seeing how much stuff I have in my trading account or my checking account. 

I don't even understand what "proof of income" means if you have a mortgage lender already on board.  Or, if paying cash, wouldn't it just be an account balance showing the $500k in the bank?  What does "income" have to do with the SELLER?  Once you both sign the dotted line, the seller gets their money, and the new owner is on the hook to the mortgage folks. There is no "do overs", correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't even understand what "proof of income" means if you have a mortgage lender already on board.  Or, if paying cash, wouldn't it just be an account balance showing the $500k in the bank?  What does "income" have to do with the SELLER?  Once you both sign the dotted line, the seller gets their money, and the new owner is on the hook to the mortgage folks. There is no "do overs", correct?

I never understood that either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't even understand what "proof of income" means if you have a mortgage lender already on board.  Or, if paying cash, wouldn't it just be an account balance showing the $500k in the bank?  What does "income" have to do with the SELLER?  Once you both sign the dotted line, the seller gets their money, and the new owner is on the hook to the mortgage folks. There is no "do overs", correct?

since this is a cash offer seller wanted to see if I was BSing and a lying b*stard. It happens in real estate. I have seen several "all cash" offers be cash when we sell the house. Or a note. I just sent them brokerage statements. I have had a ton of cash I have been dollar cost averaging into the market. I guess i can stop for a while. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

since this is a cash offer seller wanted to see if I was BSing and a lying b*stard. It happens in real estate. I have seen several "all cash" offers be cash when we sell the house. Or a note. I just sent them brokerage statements. I have had a ton of cash I have been dollar cost averaging into the market. I guess i can stop for a while. 

Couldn't they also require like $50k in down payment put in escrow today?  You don't close, they get $50k and can still sell the house to someone else.

But, your explanation makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

since this is a cash offer seller wanted to see if I was BSing and a lying b*stard. It happens in real estate. I have seen several "all cash" offers be cash when we sell the house. Or a note. I just sent them brokerage statements. I have had a ton of cash I have been dollar cost averaging into the market. I guess i can stop for a while. 

If you dealt with bigger bills, it would not weigh so much. :rolleyes:Congratulations on the acquisition.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

If you dealt with bigger bills, it would not weigh so much. :rolleyes:Congratulations on the acquisition.

Yeah - makes him sound like a drug lord - weighing his cash rather than counting it!

What do we really know about this Scrapr character anyway?!?!?!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...