So I passed a del Sol today that was a little nicer than mine

Ralphie

17 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Since we've gotten the Yata, I cant help but notice all the roadsters, targas and convertibles. 

I don't see many Del Sols, but I'm always surprised at how many MR 2 Spiders I see around here.

Really?  I never see those!  Kids love del Sols.  I am the old man of the club. :D  We bond over a cheap classic roadster that is a tad more reliable than an MG. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

'specially when one has been broken for a few years now. :whistle:

I usually prefer Honda in a lot of areas over Toyota or Mazda (or Nissan, etc.), but when they killed the CR-X and made attempts to return with the del Sol or the CR-Z, I lost faith in them making a good fun little car.  We love our zippy Civic with a 5sp manual, but compared to the CR-X we had?  Nope.  The S2000 was a nice try at the Miata market, but overpriced and a bit over-complicated versus the tried and true Miata design.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I usually prefer Honda in a lot of areas over Toyota or Mazda (or Nissan, etc.), but when they killed the CR-X and made attempts to return with the del Sol or the CR-Z, I lost faith in them making a good fun little car.  We love our zippy Civic with a 5sp manual, but compared to the CR-X we had?  Nope.  The S2000 was a nice try at the Miata market, but overpriced and a bit over-complicated versus the tried and true Miata design.

OMG I have been waiting for the Honda Beat.  They were sposed to revive it but it apparently fizzled.  I thought it would be nice to get a used 2000 but yes, it is a little pricey.  Funny, I NEVER see them on the road.  Very rarely.

Around here its mostly Mustang convertibles. Then newer Corvettes, then Camaros. We live near an area of million dollar "lake cottages" so you'll see some old English Roadsters and the occasional Ferrari or Maserati convertible too. 

But sometimes, when the weather is just right, cars like these find their way oot of their toy barns and over to the local coffee shops, Saw these a few days ago. Aah the smell of old gas and Stabil in the morning...... ;) 

lg.jpg

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

Around here its mostly Mustang convertibles. Then newer Corvettes, then Camaros. We live near an area of million dollar "lake cottages" so you'll see some old English Roadsters and the occasional Ferrari or Maserati convertible too. 

But sometimes, when the weather is just right, cars like these find their way oot of their toy barns and over to the local coffee shops, Saw these a few days ago. Aah the smell of old gas and Stabil in the morning...... ;) 

lg.jpg

Cool!  Impromptu car show.  I’ll see some of that when visiting my daughter in Princeton. There was an mg midget the other night. Very aptly named car!

• Heart 1