Vacay Day

ChrisL

1 hour ago, Further said:

I had a 6 1/2 foot 3 weight that I used on tiny mountain streams. Every once in a while I would hook a decent sized stream bred Brookie and all hell would break loose

Seldom landed them, but my heart would be pounding like I had climbed a mountain 

Wild trout fight surprisingly hard but I have never caught a Brook Trout before. 

Yeah man that sounds like fun!

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I forgot to mention we saw a bald eagle cruise over the lake.  I had only seen one in the wild once before and my wife, daughter & SIL had never seen one in the wild.

That was pretty cool too!

There is a big pond/lake at my workplace and one guy once saw an eagle sweep down to catch a fish.

30 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

There is a big pond/lake at my workplace and one guy once saw an eagle sweep down to catch a fish.

Yeah so my first sighting... I was float tubing in a lake up in the Eastern Sierra (Mammoth Lakes). I’m fishing and I see a bald eagle circling above.  It then swoops down and snatches a trout maybe 30 yards from me and flys away!  

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah so my first sighting... I was float tubing in a lake up in the Eastern Sierra (Mammoth Lakes). I’m fishing and I see a bald eagle circling above.  It then swoops down and snatches a trout maybe 30 yards from me and flys away!  

They are darn good fishermen!

• Heart 1