Girls with weapons are cool

Dirtyhip

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I wanted to buy her a compound bow and a straw target.  Would they even let that in the state?

The problem is that we would be arrested in the park, and there is no place we can shoot stuff.  I like to shoot stuff.

RO chased me around with that yesterday, she loves it!   WAY better than the crappy princess one I bought her at Christmas, like (no kidding) 5 times better!  Thanks DH, RO is a weapon!

• Heart 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

The problem is that we would be arrested in the park, and there is no place we can shoot stuff.  I like to shoot stuff.

RO chased me around with that yesterday, she loves it!   WAY better than the crappy princess one I bought her at Christmas, like (no kidding) 5 times better!  Thanks DH, RO is a weapon!

I sent a proper weapon.  Excellent.

• Heart 1

My parents enjoyed competition silhouette shooting. All my kids went to at least a couple competitions with them and competed when they went. They were ok shots but not great. But they did learn to handle firearms safely. 
One day at school the teacher asked what the kids did over the weekend. Eldest daughter, around 11 at the time said she went to the shooting competition. The boys refused to believe her because she was a skinny girl. The next day she took her 2nd place plaque to school. The boys decided she was pretty bad ass. 

• Heart 1

37 minutes ago, groupw said:

My parents enjoyed competition silhouette shooting. All my kids went to at least a couple competitions with them and competed when they went. They were ok shots but not great. But they did learn to handle firearms safely. 
One day at school the teacher asked what the kids did over the weekend. Eldest daughter, around 11 at the time said she went to the shooting competition. The boys refused to believe her because she was a skinny girl. The next day she took her 2nd place plaque to school. The boys decided she was pretty bad ass. 

I remember firearms instructors saying women were easier to train how to shoot. No bad habits to overcome.  Even playing war with sticks and toy guns can build muscle memory that needs to be broken.