ARGH!!!!! It's HAPPENING!!!! :(

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Well aren’t you an optimist. :D

At least he wasn't pushing riding in the morning or riding in the dark.  I do like when it does start to slowly lengthen again, and at that point of the year, ANY improvement is a blessing.

15 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Faster than the speed of light? GTFOOH.

You'd be surprised!  I'm that fast!

But, you know the problem - too weak and the route is not lit far enough to judge & react. Too strong and you are blinding oncoming cars, cyclists, and others.  Too narrow and you don't see the deer until you are laying on the ground wondering WTF?  To wide, and again, blinding those around you and burning through batteries.  It's all fixed by slowing down, but it is even better fixed by riding in the daylight!

I do confess to really liking my commutes in the dark - fewer folks out in general and much more "peace and quiet" - but I don't see a commute being part of my day anytime soon. I guess I can start blocking off 11:30-1:30 as "personal time" in my calendar during the work week.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

But, you know the problem - too weak and the route is not lit far enough to judge & react. Too strong and you are blinding oncoming cars, cyclists, and others.  Too narrow and you don't see the deer until you are laying on the ground wondering WTF?  To wide, and again, blinding those around you and burning through batteries. 

Be careful, Goldilocks, else @Randomguy may fop to your three minute story.

• Haha 1