Any Tragically Hip fans in here?

Dottleshead

5 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'm impressed.  I had no idea.  I can tell you having seem them live twice -- they put on a heck of a show and their guitar players -- including Gord Sinclair are as good as any.

I have tried several times to get into them and they never got more than a -meh- out of me.

It’s funny because they played big venues in Canuckistan, but small-to-mid size ones here, so anytime they played Syracuse, a lot of Canadians would drive down here to see them in a smaller venue.

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I have tried several times to get into them and they never got more than a -meh- out of me.

It’s funny because they played big venues in Canuckistan, but small-to-mid size ones here, so anytime they played Syracuse, a lot of Canadians would drive down here to see them in a smaller venue.

When they played in Seattle, the previous 6 nights they played in BC Place in Vancouver and sold the 60,00+ stadium out each time -- or something ridiculous.  Then they showed up here to a room for of maybe a 100 people and it was awesome.  One of the better shows I've ever seen.  It was crazy.  Our cities are like 140 miles apart or something and it was like night and day.

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

When they played in Seattle, the previous 6 nights they played in BC Place in Vancouver and sold the 60,00+ stadium out each time -- or something ridiculous.  Then they showed up here to a room for of maybe a 100 people and it was awesome.  One of the better shows I've ever seen.  It was crazy.  Our cities are like 140 miles apart or something and it was like night and day.

Yeah, we’re only about five hours out of Toronto, so I’d bet the audiences at shows here were largely from Canada. They were playing a 3,000 seat venue and I seriously doubt they sold it out.

• Heart 1