Pros and cons of working today

groupw

Due to Covid, our store has been closed on Saturdays since April. I only have to work 1 Saturday per month and today was my turn. We decided to order Chinese for lunch and I went to the restaurant to pick it up. In the lobby waiting to be seated we 2 ladies who are sisters. I've known them for over 40 years. Haven't seen either in nearly 20. Both are very nice, but life took us in different directions. Pretty sure if I wasn't working, they would have invited me to join them. If I hadn't been working, I would have taken them up on it! Bummed I couldn't have visited a little longer, but if I hadn't been getting lunch for work, I would not have seen them at all. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Due to Covid, our store has been closed on Saturdays since April. I only have to work 1 Saturday per month and today was my turn. We decided to order Chinese for lunch and I went to the restaurant to pick it up. In the lobby waiting to be seated we 2 ladies who are sisters. I've known them for over 40 years. Haven't seen either in nearly 20. Both are very nice, but life took us in different directions. Pretty sure if I wasn't working, they would have invited me to join them. If I hadn't been working, I would have taken them up on it! Bummed I couldn't have visited a little longer, but if I hadn't been getting lunch for work, I would not have seen them at all. 

I worked today for 50 min. on a client presentation. Pro: So that I wouldn't stress out as much on Mon. by not being more prepared.  

No cons since I'm going back out cycling for 2nd time today in bright, blue sky and hot weather to get to optometry store appointment.  I used my pause time indoors well.

• Heart 1

I wasn’t “working” today.

All I did was can 7 pints of pickled onions, put up two quarts of fermented slaw, a quart of Alsatian sauerkraut, make chipotle slaw and pico de gallo for dinner and clean up all the resultant mess and do the dishes.

I’d have been better off “working”.

43 minutes ago, 2Far said:

No working at the project today, Wo2 had me working in the back yard. I druther be on the project. ;)

We have this hand made, wrought iron table that we’ve had forev. Its tall enough to put behind a sofa. Anyhoo, it’s now an outside table & Wo2 wanted me to cut a piece of the old kitchen granite for the top.  

I got out out the right-angle grinder & used the blade I cut the patio with and used the shop vac to catch the majority of the dust. Used ear plugs and safety glasses. The cuts are not beautiful, but ya get whats ya pays for. 

So then I had to schlep the 60”x16”x1.5” piece from the garage to the back patio, a distance of about 80’. 

Good thing I did the math afterwards. ~155 pounds.