Not a titanium bike, but titanium....

shootingstar

10 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I use titanium screws.

I worked on an aircraft that had a lot of titanium parts. Screws were often the worst as sometimes the heads would just explode when trying to remove them. Try drilling them out!

Once I had to order some fancy titanium washers. They were about $5 each in the mid-70s. I ordered 5 of them but the US Air Force supply system sent me 5 boxes of 50 each washers. Do the math. As they were XB3 items (too inexpensive to restock), supply wouldn't take them back. I put them in the various bench stocks around the flight-line so they didn't all go to waste. 

On 8/23/2020 at 4:37 PM, JerrySTL said:

After I lost my original wedding ring, I got a titanium ring replacement as I was planning on buying a titanium bike. Instead I bought carbon fiber, steel, and aluminum bikes since then. Still have the ring.

My OG ring was platinum.  Lost after some weight loss.  The price for platinum had meanwhile gone through the roof.  A 600 dollar ring netted me a 3200 dollar insurance check.  Then I bought a 300 dollar tungsten ring as a replacement.  Since putting on a few pounds it is pretty tight now.  So now I have one of the 5 dollar silicone rings.  I LOVE it.  So much better than metal of any sort.  

• Heart 1

On 8/25/2020 at 6:45 AM, Parr8hed said:

My OG ring was platinum.  Lost after some weight loss.  The price for platinum had meanwhile gone through the roof.  A 600 dollar ring netted me a 3200 dollar insurance check.  Then I bought a 300 dollar tungsten ring as a replacement.  Since putting on a few pounds it is pretty tight now.  So now I have one of the 5 dollar silicone rings.  I LOVE it.  So much better than metal of any sort.  

I'm safe as they don't make gold bikes! Replaced my original gold ring...with another gold ring. I didn't lose the first one. The first one was apparently cheap gold that shrunk after years of washing my hands. :whistle: At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Haha 1