What Type Of Car Show?

Razors Edge

...do you prefer?  The ones where the restore/improve a car - like FantomWorks, Iron Resurrection, Overhaulin', Bitchin' Rides, etc - OR ones where they take junk, do some sort of low cost or over the top mods - like Hot Rod Garage (sometimes do nice stuff too), all the Road Kill variants, Dirt Every Day, etc?

I'll watch most but get really frustrated by the trashing that Road Kill eventually does to their cars.  At least HRG will occasionally turn out a "finished" car, so I like those episodes.  On the flip side, the ones that push out the nicest cars - like Bitchin' Rides - seem to be really overkill (and uber-expensive).

If I had to choose, I'd put HRG and BR as the two I'd choose over the others, but I find I still watch most of them. The main ones I avoid are the big "advertisement" ones that are pretty much just a big advertisement for various parts companies.  Annoying infomercials.

What's you're preferred "car" (or truck or motorcycle) show?

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...do you prefer?  The ones where the restore/improve a car - like FantomWorks, Iron Resurrection, Overhaulin', Bitchin' Rides, etc - OR ones where they take junk, do some sort of low cost or over the top mods - like Hot Rod Garage (sometimes do nice stuff too), all the Road Kill variants, Dirt Every Day, etc?

I'll watch most but get really frustrated by the trashing that Road Kill eventually does to their cars.  At least HRG will occasionally turn out a "finished" car, so I like those episodes.  On the flip side, the ones that push out the nicest cars - like Bitchin' Rides - seem to be really overkill (and uber-expensive).

If I had to choose, I'd put HRG and BR as the two I'd choose over the others, but I find I still watch most of them. The main ones I avoid are the big "advertisement" ones that are pretty much just a big advertisement for various parts companies.  Annoying infomercials.

What's you're preferred "car" (or truck or motorcycle) show?

Street Outlaws.  Strange, because I'm really opposed to street racing.  I'm happy to see that the stars of that show are now an on track "Sunday......Sunday.....Sunday" group.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Street Outlaws.  Strange, because I'm really opposed to street racing.  I'm happy to see that the stars of that show are now an on track "Sunday......Sunday.....Sunday" group.

No surprise :D

HRG had a fun re-run yesterday where they spent a good bit of time at the drag strip.  It was one of their more "finished" cars rather than just putting in a monster engine.

EPISODE 42

In this episode of Hot Rod Garage presented by Lincoln Tech, it’s time for the Crusher Camaro to get a serious powerplant upgrade! The old, borrowed, tunnel-ram LS engine has to be returned to its rightful owner, so we’re using this opportunity to cram some big power into it! Watch Tony Angelo and Lucky Costa install a monstrous Magnuson supercharged Blueprint Engines–built 427 LS in the Crusher. The new setup makes 708 whp and 770 whtq, which Tony tries to wrangle at the Famoso Raceway dragstrip!

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

car show?

I’ve really only ever seen fast and loud, hot rod garage, and counting cars. I would rather see stock restorations than when they bastardize old cars, but I’ve never come across one where they do that. I still like to see old cars retuned to service in these shows though. 

We have a show here on the green in the center of town at least once a month (not covid2020 though) that covers all sorts of cars from restorations to kits to hot street cars.  They have to be driven in and I believe that they have topped 600 on occasion.  I suspect my favorite car ever seen there was a Black 68 Roadrunner 440 all tricked out for performance.  It was a beautiful car, braided lines and hoses, aluminium radiator, hot ignition, big tires on a slightly narrowed rear.