Dogs at the new property

Dirtyhip

We have a little beagle on the property above.  He does love barking at us. 

He should calm down after he gets used to activity on the property. The owners bring it in at night so no issue really.

Property was mostly quiet today.  It was strange plotting the home out, but we can't see the view due to the smoke.  We know the topography, and the basic direction.  This was just a rough measuring out of where the home will sit.

Kinda funny, but we keep finding bottles of black velvet on the property.  Does one of the locals drink and toss them, as to hide it from their family?  Or I wonder if they toss it out of the car, on the way home.  All these booze bottles are just off the dead end road. Black Velvet bottles, Corona, a Jack Daniels bottle.  It's kind of comical.  We also found a stuffed animal.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Kinda funny, but we keep finding bottles of black velvet on the property.  Does one of the locals drink and toss them, as to hide it from their family?  Or I wonder if they toss it out of the car, on the way home.  All these booze bottles are just off the dead end road.

We have lived at our new home for 1 1/2 years now.  And then there was the 13 months to build the home,  And before that we owed the lot for a few years.

Just 2 weeks ago one of the neighbors told us (during our morning dog walk) the previous owners of our lot used it for outdoor parties.   The neighbors were glad we purchased the lot.

10 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

We have lived at our new home for 1 1/2 years now.  And then there was the 13 months to build the home,  And before that we owed the lot for a few years.

Just 2 weeks ago one of the neighbors told us (during our morning dog walk) the previous owners of our lot used it for outdoor parties.   The neighbors were glad we purchased the lot.

13 months?  I am hoping for 3-6.  

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

13 months?  I am hoping for 3-6.  

We had a sloooow builder. (But the work / quality etc.. was good.)  He told us 7 to 8 months.  We did loose 2 months to bad weather.   October in 2016 was one of the rainiest October ever.  And then January/February 2017 was cold and snowy.  WoBG and I shoveled snow from the second floor at least twice.   We were happy when the roof was finally on the home. 

The footings for the basement after some rain in October.  

20171015_104510.thumb.jpg.f1097af85f73ea5c2e5c1a1889ceb925.jpg

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

We had a sloooow builder. (But the work / quality etc.. was good.)  He told us 7 to 8 months.  We did loose 2 months to bad weather.   October in 2016 was one of the rainiest October ever.  And then January/February 2017 was cold and snowy.  WoBG and I shoveled snow from the second floor at least twice.   We were happy when the roof was finally on the home. 

Was it a big complex build?  

13 minutes ago, smudge said:

While I was riding my bike to pick up cans along the camp road, I found many Captain Morgan bottles. Just trash, and I wasn't picking that up. Sad to see so many.

The trail organization is buying me a trash gripper thing.  i clean up so much.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, smudge said:

I used one HoSmudge got after a back surgery. Works great!

I am on the board.  Just have to tell them "Buy me this."

I just bought a huge roll of stamps this morning for my thank you notes for new memberships.  It felt good to spend money at USPS.

• Heart 2