Hair appointment is canceled

Parsnip Totin Jack

Woohoo 🙌 
I mentioned previously that Mo7 was told by another resident at Assisted Living that her hair was looking limp. Mom’s been aware of this and due to the ‘rona hasn’t had a perm in months. She called her previous hair stylist she hadn’t seen in years about an appointment. The stylist was mostly retired, working one day a week but could fit Mom in at 11 on the 27th. Mom called me for a ride. I said sure. I knew how she felt. Over the weekend I was wondering what Covid prevention steps are taken by the salon. I told Mom to ask Gladys about this. Gladys said, maybe we should cancel the appointment. Mom agreed and is glad she asked. I told her to tell the busybody who commented on her hair that it was a minor sacrifice to make for everyone’s safety. 

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Mo7 looks great!   

I've had my hair cut at two different salons recently.  They both had procedures that you washed your hands when you came in, the stylist cleaned the sink with disinfectant after each hair wash, there were chairs left empty so each stylist was 6 feet away from another stylist and everyone wore masks. 

One place didn't allow blow dryers  (I think it was a state rule at the time) and they each had people wait outside until they were called in and their stylist was ready.

The assisted living home where my mother in law lives won’t let any visitors or outsiders in. The lady that does our hair used to go to the home and cut and style mom’s hair. She and the rest of the residents haven’t had a hair cut since March. Our hospice worker said that when she was there today they were getting ready to start hair cuts. She rolled her eyes, I guess the employees at the home are going to do the hair cuts. I wonder if they will use a bowl and sanitize it between residents?

• Heart 1

Your mom is fabulous.  Tell her that she would look adorable with pin curls (or spit curls if you are from some areas).  She could put them in wet hair and in the morning lightly brush them out.  She will know what I am talking about.  image.jpeg.6a4daa1284e01981707110247efec925.jpeg