Heh.

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

Was just standing here web surfing while my machine does its thing and I was reminded of something.

The nosy busybody who used to do our stupid “6S” audit was doing the audit and felt the need to point out that Stanley was playing Solitaire on the computer. First of all, it was none of her goddamn business - that’s not what she was in there for. Secondly, he was working - the machine was running.

“Do you know he’s playing cards over there???”

“Huh.........he’s usually on eBay.”

🤣 Don’t think she liked that answer.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Machines that can work on their own but still need a babysitter are awesome.

One of my old managers said he didn’t want any Maytag repairmen. That was and is a lot of my job, but Maytags ain’t  what they used to be. :D  Plus we have other work to do between Maytag breakdowns. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

One of my old managers said he didn’t want any Maytag repairmen. That was and is a lot of my job, but Maytags ain’t  what they used to be. :D  Plus we have other work to do between Maytag breakdowns. 

My mom bought a Maytag one time. She had the Maytag repairman out at the house to see why it wasn’t getting the clothes clean. He said those clothes were too dirty, they are not meant to wash clothes that are that dirty. She had the appliance store come and get it and bring her a Norge. It’s no wonder Maytags didn’t break down, they had no moving parts.

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

She had the Maytag repairman out at the house to see why it wasn’t getting the clothes clean.

It took three visits by two different "techs" to fix something I could have (and have) fixed myself in about 20 minutes.  (It was under warranty). 

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

They are out of practice

If by "out of practice" you mean "fucking morons", you're correct.

The one guy, when he left, said he was going to go back to the shop and see if there were any service bulletins on the dishwasher. Uh, wouldn't it have been smarter to get the model number from me and look that shit up BEFORE you came? Or, since it is the new millennium and all, maybe have some means of looking that info up....on site? Like them there interwebs?

• Haha 1

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

We had a Maytag dishwasher that we got rid of before it broke because it didn’t wash dishes worth shit. 

That, too. The old one worked really well, but finally rusted out and started leaking. With the new one, you have to draw the hot water up to the kitchen sink AND use the fancy, expensive dish bombs, It's also very fussy about the door seal. It periodically decides to leak, just to piss me off.

The washer that was in the house when we bought it gave yeoman service for years - apart from one clutch.  It too finally rusted out and we replaced it, with a Whirlpool. (Same turd as Maytag, just different wrapper). We now have a Samsung.

5 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

That, too. The old one worked really well, but finally rusted out and started leaking. With the new one, you have to draw the hot water up to the kitchen sink AND use the fancy, expensive dish bombs, It's also very fussy about the door seal. It periodically decides to leak, just to piss me off.

The washer that was in the house when we bought it gave yeoman service for years - apart from one clutch.  It too finally rusted out and we replaced it, with a Whirlpool. (Same turd as Maytag, just different wrapper). We now have a Samsung.

Our Samsung is currently on the fritz, dammit!  I can’t get the Allen head bolts off the door to get at the door switch. It cleaned great and I loved the ss interior. But I am quite disappointed that it only lasted about 7 or so years. :angry: