Now this laptop battery indicator thing is just comical!

Ralphie

It just gives random warnings on the way down the battery curve.  It almost makes me curious enough to see if I can look at the open source code to help finger oot what the heck is wrong!  I don;t know any Monty Python but I am sure that @Dottles will help me finger it oot!

Well shit - development has stopped.  Someone needs to fork it!

README.md

Battery Monitor [Deprecated]

We took some initiatives to revamp the project but we couldn't gather enough contributor to move the project forward. So, we are backing off finally. As it is licensed under GPL-3.0, please feel free to fork it and start on you own. To uninstall the daily build, please follow this.

Battery Monitor is a utility tool developed on Python3 and PyGtk3. It will notify the user about charging, discharging, not charging and critically low battery state of the battery on Linux (surely if the battery is present).

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

My Win 10 laptop is pretty spot on for battery life :D

:welcome:

Mine is too, but it was automatically set by HP/Win 10 to turn itself off if the battery falls to 14%. I originally figured less than 10% at least.  I've been turned off with 5 minutes until the end of a Zoom meeting and had the laptop automatically shutdown with plenty of juice left.

I found out where to reset the % cutoff (Start/Settings/System/Power then a couple clicks on "Advanced" options.  When I tried to pick 9%, it said that may result in problems, but it was ok with 10%.  So that's where it is now.

5 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

When you get that sorted out, maybe you can figure out why the battery in my left AirPod dies way before the right one? They’re currently at 11% and 52%, respectively. 🤪

I use my AirPods individually a lot - most phone calls - so I think over time, those tiny rechargeable batteries will degrade at different rates.  Heck, even used identically, with stereo music, one speaker could be working harder than the other, and over time, that adds up too!

Sadly, they become landfill material when the batteries go belly up.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I use my AirPods individually a lot - most phone calls - so I think over time, those tiny rechargeable batteries will degrade at different rates.  Heck, even used identically, with stereo music, one speaker could be working harder than the other, and over time, that adds up too!

Sadly, they become landfill material when the batteries go belly up.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have used them for phone calls (and still hav three or four fingers leftover), so that’s not it.

That said, they’re four years old and used 6-8 hours most days and are still good for about 2 hours. I know batteries don’t last forever, I just thought it was bizarre that one dies so much faster than the other, when they’re both charged and used equally.

3 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I can count on one hand the number of times I have used them for phone calls (and still hav three or four fingers leftover), so that’s not it.

That said, they’re four years old and used 6-8 hours most days and are still good for about 2 hours. I know batteries don’t last forever, I just thought it was bizarre that one dies so much faster than the other, when they’re both charged and used equally.

Like compound interest! It adds up over time!  One degrades at a slight degree more than the other, and BOOM - over four years and hundreds(?) of recharging cycles - they become out of sync with each other.