Sorry for the cycling ing question, but.....

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

Ryan and I went to the LBS last night to pick out a new brain bucket for him for this birthday.  The helmet he chose has removable magnetic light mounts, so we hit the light section and while there I saw this:

Serfas USLA-8 Orion Blast Headlight

Serfas USLA-8 Orion Blast Headlight

It may well be your mystery light.

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

....so who do I believe?

image.png.ef8d1a1d45cdc4c7de083bd634adb8d2.pngimage.png.da49d9439e308a6daadf6852579e81ad.png
:rolleyes:

I would think that it would be a BE SEEN light more than anything else.  The BLAST feature in an alarm to let you know when the battery is low.

I see that form factor as being hard to get good optics out of.

For $40 not a huge deal, but if was spending $100 I would head over to Nite Rider and buy a Lumina 1000 

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I would think that it would be a BE SEEN light more than anything else.  The BLAST feature in an alarm to let you know when the battery is low.

For $40 not a huge deal, but if was spending $100 I would head over to Nite Rider and buy a Lumina 1000 

EXACTLY. It is NOT a headlight for night riding.  It is a DRL or a blinky light, and in a horrible pinch, it with your cell phone could work to light the way at a very slow speed.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I'm looking for "be seen".

If I wanted nighttime lighting, I already have a Light & Motion HID one that you can get a TAN from.

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I'm looking for "be seen".

If I wanted nighttime lighting, I already have a Light & Motion HID one that you can get a TAN from.

I would make sure it has a good strobe mode.  Ryan and I were driving to his school recenlty and we saw two riders coming at us, both with lights.  The flashing one was much more visisble than the solid one.

Look at the Bontrager ION.  They are small, have a wide variety of mounts and get great reviews.  I turned one on at the bike shop yesterday and it was BRIGHT and flashy.