How are you celebrating National Dog Day?

Kirby

I hope all our dog companions here at the forum are having festive celebrations with lots of treats.  :nodhead:  And if you have a moment to post a picture of your beloved canine companion, that's even better!!!

5 minutes ago, 12string said:

It's not national dog day.  Or national newt day or national anything day.  Stop listening to facebook!

Any day that justifies extra treats for doggie friends and is a good excuse for posting cute doggy pics is valid in my book.  :nodhead:  And for the record, facebook is eville!!!!

I have this super ugly Indonesian mask my sister got me while in Indonesia that scared my kids so I never displayed it. While cleaning out a closet I came upon it and it’s in my garage as I intend to give it back to my sister. It looks similar to this:

image.jpeg.d60f79127ac9f21a667fd7d9fec3abc6.jpeg

Anyway my daughter was over last night and I asked her what she thought smoke would do if I put it on.  She said do it and let’s see.  He just ran up to me tail wagging wanting to play. Not a care in the world!

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, 12string said:

It's not national dog day.  Or national newt day or national anything day.  Stop listening to facebook!

National Dog Day is celebrated August 26th annually and was founded in 2004 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Rescue Advocate, Conservationist, Dog Trainer and Author, Colleen Paige, also the founder of many other holidays such as National Puppy Day, National Mutt Day, National Cat Day,
National Wildlife Day and many more philanthropic days to bring attention to the plight of animals around the globe and encourage adoption.

WHY AUGUST 26TH?
The date of August 26th is significant, as it's the date that Colleen's family adopted her first dog "Sheltie" from the local animal shelter, when Colleen was 10 years old.

We gave our dog a bath, so finding out it is National Dog Day makes me feel really bad :(  Not quite took her to the vet or got her nails trimmed bad, but still, pretty rude treatment.

On the plus side, we gave her a "bully stick" (yep), and she gobbled that down :whistle:

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

National Dog Day is celebrated August 26th annually and was founded in 2004 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Rescue Advocate, Conservationist, Dog Trainer and Author, Colleen Paige, also the founder of many other holidays such as National Puppy Day, National Mutt Day, National Cat Day,
National Wildlife Day and many more philanthropic days to bring attention to the plight of animals around the globe and encourage adoption.

WHY AUGUST 26TH?
The date of August 26th is significant, as it's the date that Colleen's family adopted her first dog "Sheltie" from the local animal shelter, when Colleen was 10 years old.

So, about as official as talk like a Pirate day.