Laura

Mr. Silly

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

That's a constant meme...............it's a required rite of passage for a weather person to stand like a fool out in the wind, leaning as far over as possible to demonstrate to us what fools they are and to explain why hurricanes have wind.

I've just watched 3 hours of that. Calling it a night. See you all tomorrow. Please post destruction pics. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's a constant meme...............it's a required rite of passage for a weather person to stand like a fool out in the wind, leaning as far over as possible to demonstrate to us what fools they are and to explain why hurricanes have wind.

I lived through enough of these living in Baytown, that it does not hold my interest for long. I assume you got your share when living in Florida.

We're supposed to get the remnants and 1-3" of rain Sat. afternoon in Central Maryland, but it may re-intensify to a Tropical Storm as passes east of Ocean City, MD and enters the Atlantic Ocean.  There is some risk of wind damage and flooding.

I hope it doesn't boomerang back to land after it hits the Atlantic.  The warm Gulf Current starts to take over close to the Mid-Atlantic Coast, pushing the cold, Labrador Current, coming down from Canada, farther away from the shore it dominates until about now.  The water at Ocean City gets much warmer in September than it is earlier in the summer, so hopefully the ocean won't be warm enough to cause a new, land-threatening problem.