The gym is open! The gym is open!

12string

Well, not until Sept 1, but at least we have a date!  25% capacity, but I don't think it was ever that full anyway.  For "classes", 1 person per 200 sq ft..  Means we can fill up the pool!

No word on locker room use, but I can't remember the combination to my lock now anyway.

• Heart 1

PF has been open for a while. No pool exists. You can use the bathrooms, but not the changing areas. I heard someone in the shower the other day. They doubled the number of cleaning stations, 2 of every three aerobic machines are blocked off. An employee goes around with some kind of phaser rifle that mists some kind of sterilizer fluid. Dunno what it sprays, there's no odor.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/0880/1571/products/Victory_Sprayer_electrostatic_handheld_455x.progressive.jpg?v=1596460045

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Whatever you do, don't hang near any people who are breathing hard.

Come on, Maxx!  Everybody's gotta go some time! 

I'm not a gym-person, though, so it is easy to wonder what the fuss is all about.  Like getting a haircut is not high on my list of priorities or returning to inside restaurant dining or catching a movie in a theater or attending a football game.  It helps to not really want to mix with people too much :D

• Awesome 1

48 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm not a gym-person, though, so it is easy to wonder what the fuss is all about.  Like getting a haircut is not high on my list of priorities or returning to inside restaurant dining or catching a movie in a theater or attending a football game.  It helps to not really want to mix with people too much

I see you practice antisocial distancing like I do.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I have a woodpile, that gives me a pretty good workout.

I love cutting and splitting wood....but hate stacking it.

When I used to cut wood with the ex-FIL, every time I'd put a piece on the pile, he'd take it and turn it around or move it. Finally I said "Okayfine! I'll cut it and split it, YOU stack it!"

I need firewood for camp, but just don't have the time to get up there and cut it.

• Heart 1

A month ago, I wouldn't have gone to the gym.  But our numbers here have dropped significantly lately, and continue downward.  We have a total of about 7000 active cases out of 8 million people.  That's less than 1 person put of 1,000 around you who might have it.  And the numbers are lower in the lower half of the state.  There will be at most 80 people in the entire gym, it's a large building.  The odds of me being within breathing distance of a spreader are really low.

I'm also starting back at the hockey rink next week.  Less than 30 people there.  Low odds.

When numbers go back up (and they will), I'll stop both activities.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I belong to two gyms, I will likely just quit them both.

I doubt my wife is going back in 2020.  Her membership is on "permanent hold", and I can't see her wanting to take any classes there until the vaccine is in place.  So, 2021 at the earliest :(

3 hours ago, 12string said:

That's less than 1 person put of 1,000 around you who might have it.

Who goes to the gym?  Asymptomatic young dudes who grunt unnecessarily indoors when lifting weights and hang out and party and then go to the gym the next day after getting drunk and making out with any slut that will smooch with them.

RIP, best of luck on whether or not there is an afterlife depending on what superstition you ascribe to.