What is the difference between bread flour and all-porpoise flour?

Randomguy

Bread flour is milled differently. When they say its a "harder flour" what they mean is that the size of the flour particles is larger.

Pretzel flour, on the other hand, is a very fine high gluten flour

this...it is a harder flour with a higher protein content.  I think bread flour is about 14% protein, but I'm too lazy to go verify that.

I think that protein content has more to do with how the processed the raw grain. A WW bread flour will have more protein than a white bread flour.

if they enrich the flour, then all bets are off, they can do anything, but bread flours are a coarser flour than pastry flours

I think that protein content has more to do with how the processed the raw grain. A WW bread flour will have more protein than a white bread flour.

if they enrich the flour, then all bets are off, they can do anything, but bread flours are a coarser flour than pastry flours

It's based on the type of wheat (ie, Red Wheat), the time of harvest, and how it's processed.

yea, any flour with any yeast and some water and salt will make bread

I usually use some whole wheat and all purposed mixed together to make my bread each week

I do from time to time get some hard bread flour milled around here by Mennonites, and it does make a better bread

but in the end, bread is a 7,000 year old recipe, so you don't need any fancy anything to make it

I wish my brain worked like this and I could just make up funny stuff.  I think it's a gene I didn't inherit, but none of my parents are funny, so I don't think there was anything to inherit.

Tell you what, if you see a thread, and you want to make a funny reply, just let me know and I will come up with one for you every now and then.  Let's just keep this between us though, okay.  There is a a reason they call this private messaging, right?

ooops.