Speaking of stupidity

12string

So, the GTI project, since It's in the yard not the garage, requires element protection.  I keep a roll of that stretchy saran wrap tape stuff to wrap things up to keep stuff out.  Sometimes I wad a bunch of it up and stuff it in a hole to keep stuff out.

Did I mention I got the transmission back in without a jack?  Yeah, don't want to do that again soon.

On to last weekend putting the starter back in.  All painted up shiny, a couple bolts, easy peasy.  Right up front where it's easy to see - that - what's that?  Something shiny in behind the pressure plate?

Apparently I left a huge wad of that saran wrap stuff stuffed in a hole inside the transmission.

Only took about a 2 hours worth of cussing condensed into the hour it took to fish it out.

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't worry!  @Dottles is GREAT at reminding us of his stupidity epic adventures in life.

My wife quits her job in less than 4 business days you asshat.  I'm about ready to make a life changing move in the middle of a pandemic, financial uncertainty and social unrest.  What kind of stupidity don't I qualify for?

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

My wife quits her job in less than 4 business days you asshat.  I'm about ready to make a life changing move in the middle of a pandemic, financial uncertainty and social unrest.  What kind of stupidity don't I qualify for?

Are you moving here?: 

D653F02C-8F4F-4048-816E-2C9906E1E3DF.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 12string said:

Did I mention I got the transmission back in without a jack?  Yeah, don't want to do that again soon.

I did that once...   Centered the pressure plate, then I managed to get the transmission on my chest. Then lifted it up and forward.  Yeah... once was enough for me too.  (4 speed trans in my 1977 Z28 Camaro)

At least you noticed the saran wrap...   I don't thing you would want to find out what the plastic would have done to the pressure plate, etc...   Hate to say it... I sure hope you got it all.