Are you friends with your bike?

Huge Gelatinous Blob

Your bike(s) needs to know you are the BOSS.  This friendship nonsense will only result in a dysfunctional relationship where you are always compromising because you don't want to make the tough decisions to ride in conditions the bike is worried about.  You're the ALPHA, and the bike will feel much better knowing things are being handled appropriately.

WO/MAN UP!

My roadie and I have been friends from the word go. 
My commuter and I are friends, but I must admit the ride quality is wearing on me. 
I’m really starting to appreciate the old Bridgestone MTB 4 the more I ride it. That may be where the seeds of discontent for the commuter are coming from. 
I miss my OCR1. The lady I sold it to rides it, though. Told her if she upgrades, I want first dibs on it. 

22 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Friends?  I dunno.  I had quiet the emotional attachment to my first real racing bike that was borderline obsession.

My current bikes are more tools than anything else.

Did you take it to bed with you?  :D

I was never all that attached to my first bike as an adult, a silver Raleigh Grand Prix, but when I traded up to a royal blue Technium with white fork I was much more smitten. :)  Shades of blue really get my motor going. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Did you take it to bed with you?  :D

I was never all that attached to my first bike as an adult, a silver Raleigh Grand Prix, but when I traded up to a royal blue Technium with white fork I was much more smitten. :)  Shades of blue really get my motor going. :D

Not in my bed but in my room.  My room was fairly small so I could probably reach from my bed and caress the downtube!  Yeah that sounds weird!

• Haha 1