Video tour of my little town

BR46

41 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

He would have got away if he didn’t keep stopping for a quick beer every time he got a good lead on the cops.

It might be time to offer some driving training and pursuit training to those cops.  Getting spanked by a relatively  plain jane truck is NOT a good story for the break room.  I also miss the speedometer info on the dash cam :(

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It might be time to offer some driving training and pursuit training to those cops.  Getting spanked by a relatively  plain jane truck is NOT a good story for the break room.  I also miss the speedometer info on the dash cam :(

Here he's turning around on a dead end road.

Screenshot_20200828-091110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ade501caa0120fd5b5dd3cd8d6cc7dd8.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BR46 said:

Here he's turning around on a dead end road.

Screenshot_20200828-091110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ade501caa0120fd5b5dd3cd8d6cc7dd8.jpg

Exactly. The cop seem to just pull next to him (not block him), and then executed the slowest three point turn I've seen in years.  Like my 16yr old new driving niece could have done it quicker!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

TIL: Sheboygan Sheriff's Department can't afford windshield washer fluid.

Police defunding.

What if he could drive off. Would that make it ok to shoot his tires, his engine?  I'd say the police had the duty of preventing someone whose driving jeopardized the citizens from going anywhere.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Police defunding.

What if he could drive off. Would that make it ok to shoot his tires, his engine?  I'd say the police had the duty of preventing someone whose driving jeopardized the citizens from going anywhere.

The unfortunate truth (out here) is numerous lawsuits won by bystanders being injured & killed by fleeing criminals has led to police backing off and monitoring from afar.   If the police weren’t chasing him he wouldn’t have been going 100 MPH and my spouse would still be alive today... Most of our departments have air assets and cooperation with news /media helo’s too so it’s pretty hard to outrun them.

• Awesome 2

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Killing bystanders in a high speed pursuit is an even worse outcome.  What you just saw was a pretty good restrained and coordinated chase and capture

• Awesome 1

47 minutes ago, BR46 said:

44 year old drunk driving and no license 

I'd say remove his license forever, but I know that doesn't work.  Maybe we need a program where once convicted too many times someone has to stop by the police station every day for a breathalizer test.  Fail and go to jail.  Don't show and go to jail.

I'm known to be rather harsh drunks however having grown up with one as my step dad.

8 minutes ago, BR46 said:

If you go 2 blocks turn right you are at my house 

Screenshot_20200828-151504_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6cdfda2602a2e0cfa16939247a2158f.jpg

A couple of weeks ago my wife was watching late news and a pursuit came on.  She sees they are heading our way and can hear the helo’s as she watches the pursuit pass by a couple of blocks away.  

She then wakes me up to tell me.  Want me to get the gun? No, Sheesh go back to sleep...

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I'd say remove his license forever, but I know that doesn't work.  Maybe we need a program where once convicted too many times someone has to stop by the police station every day for a breathalizer test.  Fail and go to jail.  Don't show and go to jail.

I'm know to be rather harsh drunks however having grown up with one as my step dad.

The ankle cuffs they give you when you're under house arrest can continuously monitor your sweat for alcohol.  I wonder if they could set it up so it gives an electric shock when a positive condition is detected.

22 minutes ago, Allen said:

You goaded me into YouTubing up my town. Someone shot 15 mins worth of a driving tour of Monroe a couple weeks ago. 

Oh cool.  My town is small enough not to have a video so it has some time laps pics instead.  To get the vid this long I believe they repeated some of the roads.  For rhodies though there is some nice riding.  Not much room to hide, but nice riding anyway.

• Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, Allen said:

You goaded me into YouTubing up my town. Someone shot 15 mins worth of a driving tour of Monroe a couple weeks ago. 

Monroe is only 75 miles from Newnan where we will be spending more time when Wo46 retires. 

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Oh cool.  My town is small enough not to have a video so it has some time laps pics instead.  To get the vid this long I believe they repeated some of the roads.  For rhodies though there is some nice riding.  Not much room to hide, but nice riding anyway.

I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been in snow that deep.