Come On Sunday: First of 3 Autumn-like Days!

MickinMD

I'm putting yard work off until Sunday, when the weather is supposed to go from Hellish to Autumnish.

Three days ago my left shoulder was sore at the top end where it joins the arm - right where the supraspinatus (shoulder) muscle is: the part of the rotator cuff that was operated on 3 years ago.  When I rotated my arm like a windmill, palm facing out - a rotator cuff problem test - there was just a hint of pain but inside my shoulder I could feel joints, muscles, tendons cracking and popping multiple times with each 360° rotation of the arm.

I was a little worried but hoped it was just inflammation due to straining my out-of-shape body, Fortunately, the pain kept diminishing by day and is almost gone today and there's just one point in the arm rotation where there's any cracking going on - almost like cracking knuckles.

So I've got a solid case for justified rationalization of being lazy for a couple days!

Right now in Central MD, Sunny with 66% humidity:

image.png.4bde51dc05dcee783f446584a37d6ad5.png

Low 80's and mostly dry Sun - Tues:

August 28 Weather Rain And Severe Risk With Remains Of Laura

Friday August 28 2020

Today should be our last hot day for a while. Temps will reach the 90s, then break with strong storms that may turn severe today. That is from the cold front to our north. On Saturday, the remains of Laura will ride along that front to bring in another surge of rain and risk of severe weather.

By Sunday, that system moves off of the coast, clearing us out and cooling us down. That will be a taste of autumn lasting for a few days.

18 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'm putting yard work off until Sunday, when the weather is supposed to go from Hellish to Autumnish.

It's crazy Baltimore gets such worse weather than DC.  You'd think it was the other way around, but we haven't come close to Hellish yet this year.  Pretty mild summer so far down here.  I think the north must be getting hit with all the hell weather.

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Supposed to be 105 here for the next few days.  We were going to the farm to hang out for the weekend, but when it is that hot it just is not fun.

Should go for some bike rides and create your own breeze.  Then a swim in the pool/pond/river/ocean. Boom!

9 minutes ago, Kirby said:

25 days to autumn!!!!!!  :hapydance:

So, about 200 until SPRING :loveshower:  Woot woot!  Another 115 days of awesome, 90 to forget about, and then back to the beginning of awesome! 

I need to get a winter home somewhere without the risk of yuckiness.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I have to mow my damn yard.  In this heat, that will beat my ass.  We do not have a pool.  There is a pond at the farm.

So strange.  I never hear @ChrisL bitching about these sorts of things.  And don't any neighbors have a pool you can jump into real quick? 

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So strange.  I never hear @ChrisL bitching about these sorts of things.  And don't any neighbors have a pool you can jump into real quick? 

Coastal living y’all!  We had a nasty heat wave with high humidity last week.  We had to run our AC for a couple of days even!  But I kept on keeping on.

I haven’t mowed a yard since 1984!  😁

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Coastal living y’all!  We had a nasty heat wave with high humidity last week.  We had to run our AC for a couple of days even!  But I kept on keeping on.

I haven’t mowed a yard since 1984!  😁

Ah, the suckiness of CA rearing it's head again!  35 years not mowing a lawn must play hell with your life.  That's just unimaginable and surely heartbreaking.  What's your record for not snow shoveling? Also 1984?

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Ah, the suckiness of CA rearing it's head again!  35 years not mowing a lawn must play hell with your life.  That's just unimaginable and surely heartbreaking.  What's your record for not snow shoveling? Also 1984?

I’m gonna say 1987, when I left VA!   Being an MP we mostly missed the snow shoveling details (hundreds of soldiers tasked to clear snow) but we did have to clear our area of snow.

You guys look forward to Autumn but our hottest time of the year is Aug - Oct.  The heat is just beginning!