Update time- Chris's daughter dog bite, the boy scout nazi, Mickin's house, etc

Randomguy

The dreaded MIL has been quiet lately. We moved her into an apartment and she’s focused on getting settled in.  My wife’s brothers & us are paying a bulk of her rent as she’s a freaking financial train wreck. It was better to do this than have her live with one of us.   Ever since I exposed her potential suitors as fake she’s been less engaged in the dating sites.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The dreaded MIL has been quiet lately. We moved her into an apartment and she’s focused on getting settled in.  My wife’s brothers & us are paying a bulk of her rent as she’s a freaking financial train wreck. It was better to do this than have her live with one of us.   Ever since I exposed her potential suitors as fake she’s been less engaged in the dating sites.

I wonder if there is a non-scamming man for her oot there?

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

You would hope that not every person on a dating site is a scammer, but who knows?

Yeah she hasn’t come across one yet. All (10-15 guys) have been out of the country for one reason or the other, builds a phone/text/email relationship. Professes their love for her & willingness to take care of her... Then they hit her up for money as they are stuck in said foreign country & need her help to get back home so they can finally be together.

The sad thing was she never saw the pattern until we pointed it out to her.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

You would hope that not every person on a dating site is a scammer, but who knows?

If she is older and less attractive or uninteresting on her profile, then only scammers will respond.  Sad, but true.  In this case, though, the scammers have nothing to scam, and no one else is interested, so it is an overall win.

I see some really pathetic profiles out there, and you just know they are single for a reason.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Who's a good boi? You're a good boi

sorry I only talk puppy talk today

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Speaking of updates, how is Eos doing?

She big. Couple weeks ago she was 46 lbs at the vet. On the first visit vet said she would be 70 lbs. I think that might be accurate. She is typical puppy. Running around greeting everyone at the dog park. Attention span of about 5 seconds. But everybody is happy 7 smiling when a puppy runs up to say hi

20200829_080646.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

58 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

She big. Couple weeks ago she was 46 lbs at the vet. On the first visit vet said she would be 70 lbs. I think that might be accurate. She is typical puppy. Running around greeting everyone at the dog park. Attention span of about 5 seconds. But everybody is happy 7 smiling when a puppy runs up to say hi

20200829_080646.jpg

My only golden was the runt, she was about 70.  Great friend. 

Not much came of the Boy Scout leader. One of the troop leaders had a talk with him, it did not go well. He quit posting on Facebook for a while but is back at it. The pastor does not want to deal with it. She has bigger concerns. Covid has cut the active congregants to about a dozen people. The church is on the verge of folding.