RG said he would tell me how his soaping went...

Dirtyhip

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

but, I never heard back.  I am afraid to ask about the shower experience.

HAHA

There was pee.

I am waiting to do a full review in a variety of shower/bath situations to fully capture the experience and to compare/contrast with known-good standbys.  So far, well, let's just say that the initial reviews are excellent.

I did expect to smell more like a french whore than I did, too.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

There was pee.

I am waiting to do a full review in a variety of shower/bath situations to fully capture the experience and to compare/contrast with known-good standbys.  So far, well, let's just say that the initial reviews are excellent.

I did expect to smell more like a french whore than I did, too.  

If you followed instructions on the bars, you used the lighter scented one first.  It is hinoki and bergamot.  The second one is more of a forest smell.

They are somewhat fresh bars, and they don't last like they would for a bar that has sat longer.  They are safe, but melt far faster.  The forest one was only made about 3 weeks ago.  

Did you want to smell like a french whore?  I don't tend to make very floral smelling soaps.   

5 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

If you followed instructions on the bars, you used the lighter scented one first.  It is hinoki and bergamot.  The second one is more of a forest smell.

They are somewhat fresh bars, and they don't last like they would for a bar that has sat longer.  They are safe, but melt far faster.  The forest one was only made about 3 weeks ago.  

Did you want to smell like a french whore?  I don't tend to make very floral smelling soaps.   

Ok, bath and shower time, and time to spill the intimate details...

Here goes:  <drum roll>  I love it!  I am indeed following your directions to use the first bar first.  Like Kirby said, I didn't know wth hinoki was, but it is subtle but unmistakably there, not overmuch on the french whore girly-bit perfume angle at all.  In fact, I would describe the scent as neutral in a way that Switzerland can only dream of, some sort of "woodsy meets citrus and they bang a lot over time, but not in a tawdry way, just enough to produce the best of both while creating something you can introduce to pleasant company.  That way.

I feel fresh and clean, and not oily.  I detest the feeling of an over-oily soap that leaves you feeling icky-coated, so I am digging that I am not feeling that way at all.   The bar isn't disintegrating overfast, either; with my regular soap (again with the french whore analogies), it does get to feeling used up pretty quickly.

I know DH's soap is made with love, too!

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, bath and shower time, and time to spill the intimate details...

Here goes:  <drum roll>  I love it!  I am indeed following your directions to use the first bar first.  Like Kirby said, I didn't know wth hinoki was, but it is subtle but unmistakably there, not overmuch on the french whore girly-bit perfume angle at all.  In fact, I would describe the scent as neutral in a way that Switzerland can only dream of, some sort of "woodsy meets citrus and they bang a lot over time, but not in a tawdry way, just enough to produce the best of both while creating something you can introduce to pleasant company.  That way.

I feel fresh and clean, and not oily.  I detest the feeling of an over-oily soap that leaves you feeling icky-coated, so I am digging that I am not feeling that way at all.   The bar isn't disintegrating overfast, either; with my regular soap (again with the french whore analogies), it does get to feeling used up pretty quickly.

I know DH's soap is made with love, too!

The forest bar is made with aloe vera juice for part of the water in the recipe.  It will feel different.  Hopefully, it will still be a good experience.  It was the first time I tried aloe in place of part of the water.

Saponification is a tricky process.  It can kill scents.  Also, the type of oil can create so many different results with how hard the bar is or how sudsy it will be.  Too much coconut is very drying.  I use coconut, shea, olive, and palm oils.  Sometimes, I add a little vitamin e.  It's a crazy process.