Sewer plumbing II

maddmaxx

Time to fix any water leaks in the house.  One win and one loss (win anyway).  The main bathroom toilet flapper was shot.  Was relatively easy other than one of the rubber ears being so close to the tank back that I almost had to cut it off to replace it.  The new one just snapped on.  The tank by the way was full of dirt from the well failure a couple of years ago when I was pumping mud.  All good now.  Win.

The half bath was different.  Old mechanism, with some snap out rubber pivot pins.  Easy if it works.  However the main unit is also the tank/bowl seal and while working under the valve assembly by feel I snapped off one of the mounting ears that holds the flapper assy.  It's a win anyway because rather than get deeper into a repair of an old multi gallon flusher we're simply going to replace it with another of the one's we like in the main bath.  Geezer tall, oval, slow close seats.

All I had to do at that point was shut off the old valve coming out of the wall to the toilet without breaking it.

You guessed it.  Success.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Geezer tall, oval, slow close seats.

We LIKE our geezer tall, oval and slow close seats. 

WoBG and I were at a friends home. I used the toilet and closed the lid.  BAM.   oops I forgot to hold on to the lid.  (might be alcohol related too) Theirs is not a slow close lid.  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Is she the only geezer in the house?

Return it?

The one toilet I took out was only a few years old. I set it on the front porch. My stinking insurance company said I had to remove it or they were canceling my insurance. I wanted to just switch companies but it was easier to just move the toilet. Insurance companies can be as bad as HOAs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

The one toilet I took out was only a few years old. I set it on the front porch. My stinking insurance company said I had to remove it or they were canceling my insurance. I wanted to just switch companies but it was easier to just move the toilet. Insurance companies can be as bad as HOAs.

We need to have a redneck insurance company. :D

• Like 1