8/30/2020 miles & such

JerrySTL

42 miles out and back. 

I met a coworker at an outdoor cafe for lunch, then rode back.  After a brutal headwind for the first ten miles, the winds died and suddenly became calm and I got into a nice rhythm.  After taking too much time for lunch (plus a mid-ride pilsner), I had a bit of a slog on the 2 mile climb out of the valley on dead legs.  The dead leg feeling remained, but I got into another nice rhythm and had a wonderful day on the bike.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

42 miles out and back. 

I met a coworker at an outdoor cafe for lunch, then rode back.  After a brutal headwind for the first ten miles, the winds died and suddenly became calm and I got into a nice rhythm.  After taking too much time for lunch (plus a mid-ride pilsner), I had a bit of a slog on the 2 mile climb out of the valley on dead legs.  The dead leg feeling remained, but I got into another nice rhythm and had a wonderful day on the bike.

The SW Strava club is still waiting for you to join us!

• Heart 2

53 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The SW Strava club is still waiting for you to join us!

I don't have a mount for the garmin yet, and I am unlikely to be on Strava.  I am slow and don't need to show the world just how slow I am.  My mileage figures are taken from the bicycle option on google maps.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't have a mount for the garmin yet, and I am unlikely to be on Strava.  I am slow and don't need to show the world just how slow I am.  My mileage figures are taken from the bicycle option on google maps.

You should join, mileage & speed don't matter. And you can make up cool funny ride names :) 

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

You should join, mileage & speed don't matter. And you can make up cool funny ride names :) 

Exactly. I like seeing what folks are up to with some photos every once in awhile.  We all ride in different places, so it's no comparison or race between any of us.

• Heart 1