School books cost too damn much!

KrAzY

I just dropped a a grand and a fourth on 14 credit hours of school books... This is a frick'n rip off for something I might look at a few times, but need to have for classes. 

That's so ridiculous.  I paid a lot for my son's books several years ago, but nowhere near THAT much!

If you can hold off a few extra days...check online. I'm sure you already thought of that, but wanted to mention it just in case.

Just at the tail end of my college days I started finding some text books online for much cheaper. I remember a book in grad school that was over $100 that I found online for about $35 or so.

you school boys crack me up

if there's one thing I've learned its that learning stuff never taught me nothin

You'll get no argument from me. I agree 100%. Learning stuff didn't teach you anything. We see evidence of that every day.

• Heart 2

I have looked online at a few different sites. Seems like they are close to the same price, but they also don't say if the come with the online access code some teachers want us to use.

only one of the 7 books is an E-book. I will have to email the teacher to see if I can use it instead of the hardcover book.. I am also looking into a site for book buy backs.. Just incase selling back at the end of the semester is not worth it from the bookstore.

Seems like they are close to the same price, but they also don't say if the come with the online access code some teachers want us to use.

It used to be the printers and book sellers would attach a CD to the book.  The printed book would remain the same, but the CD would take on 'editions' that would render any previous 'publications' obsolete.  And you couldn't buy just the CD either.  Seems like a new twist on the same scam.

It used to be the printers and book sellers would attach a CD to the book.  The printed book would remain the same, but the CD would take on 'editions' that would render any previous 'publications' obsolete.  And you couldn't buy just the CD either.  Seems like a new twist on the same scam.

It's all about the scams... IF there is not a code hidden in the book for using online... it is bundled with a different book you can't find anywhere.. 

I was lucky enough to find two books in e-books for kindle. the only problem is that I'm not sure until class starts if we can use them. I even found the workbook that was bundled in a free download online I can print off.