Hospital waiting

Airehead

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

I am still unused to being banished to the car unable to be there.  I guess waiting is waiting, doesn’t matter where. All this talk of Kosher. I may slip down to Brownstein’s and get a bagel 

I like the cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera.  Those are dope.  Hope the waiting goes well.  Good luck!

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I may slip down to Brownstein’s and get a bagel 

I haven't had a real bagel in a long time, just the crappy ones from Tops...

....which are still light-years better than the ones at Drunken Donuts. FIrst time I'd ever seen round Wonder Bread.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Drunken go nuts had the worst bagels for sure.

I drive right past one every morning. Their donuts are horrid, but they had a sign that said "We now have bagels" and I thought "Cool, I can get a bagel on the way to work...." I only made that mistake once. I think I took two bites and threw the rest out.

There used to be a little Jewish deli in Fayetteville that had really good bagels and REAL PASTRAMI. Don't know what happened to it, but it was a Chinese takeout for a while and now it's a Jiffy Lube.

Now if I want real pastrami - not glorified corned beef - I have to make it myself.

• Heart 1

I recall  a former job where people were assigned on a rotating basis to bring in bagels for the weekly staff meetings.  Years later one guy was still trying to live down having brought in bagels from Dunkin Donuts, an especially heinous crime in NYC.  :nodhead:

I'm sure everything will go well, Aire, but it's still hard when you're the person waiting.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I recall  a former job where people were assigned on a rotating basis to bring in bagels for the weekly staff meetings.  Years later one guy was still trying to live down having brought in bagels from Dunkin Donuts, an especially heinous crime in NYC.  :nodhead:

I'm sure everything will go well, Aire, but it's still hard when you're the person waiting.

Wow, in a city full of great bagels.  He must have been a jokester. 

28 incidents of a fib and 20 more of a flutter and some tachycardia thrown in for good measure. They were going to do an ablation but today everything is perfect even after a stress test.    Sent him home after a long wait in a hospital bed. At least I got to enjoy my bagel. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

29 minutes ago, Allen said:

Alright. I have to go the grocery store today. I’m buying lox, bagels, cream cheese, and capers. 

And a little thinly sliced red onion would be good. This sandwich had the best capers.  They had flavor beyond salty brine. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

28 incidents of a fib and 20 more of a flutter and some tachycardia thrown in for good measure. They were going to do an ablation but today everything is perfect even after a stress test.    Sent him home after a long wait in a hospital bed. At least I got to enjoy my bagel. 

I’m sorry, can you clarify? His afib/flutter and tachy runs were today? Or in the past? Because that doesn’t seem like a perfect stress test??? 

Sorry you had to wait outdoors, but hopefully it was neither blazing heat or snowing too badly, yet.

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’m sorry, can you clarify? His afib/flutter and tachy runs were today? Or in the past? Because that doesn’t seem like a perfect stress test??? 

Sorry you had to wait outdoors, but hopefully it was neither blazing heat or snowing too badly, yet.

The pacemaker sends data to the cardiologist. Over the past three weeks he had all those incidents but today nothing. Pulse good. Bp good nothing but a specimen of health. Sorry to be unclear. I am tired. 

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

The pacemaker sends data to the cardiologist. Over the past three weeks he had all those incidents but today nothing. Pulse good. Bp good nothing but a specimen of health. Sorry to be unclear. I am tired. 

I am glad his stress test was negative. 
His pacemaker was correcting the irregular rhythms?