Happy September!!!

BuffJim

3 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

September > August. 

Is August the February of summer? Everyone hates February and I’ve noticed August is getting a lot of hate too. I dislike that the daylight is getting shorter. I like Fall and all that but I’m in no hurry for pumpkin spice latte, Halloween, & Christmas decorations all before November 1. And while we’re at it, fuck daylight savings time.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Is August the February of summer? Everyone hates February and I’ve noticed August is getting a lot of hate too. I dislike that the daylight is getting shorter. I like Fall and all that but I’m in no hurry for pumpkin spice latte, Halloween, & Christmas decorations all before November 1. And while we’re at it, fuck daylight savings time.

August is a cusp month - almost great (top tier) but can go sideways with a crazy heatwave, or a hurricane/tornado/flood/wild fire.  The longer days are a great plus, but those longer days often result in afternoon/evening thunderstorms, so I get screwed by thinking those "extra" daylight hours automatically mean extra ride time.  This year, August was about an 8 out of 10, so right up there with the top months.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

35 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My daughter was born in September, I like it.

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Mine too. The 14th. 

Mine too...., the 16th.  But I live in Canada.  September came too soon this year and I am already wearing arm warmers riding to work in the mornings

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

September > August. 

I have mixed feelings about this, particularly the days getting shorter.  I don't mind not having 90 degree days every day and 80 degree low temperature nights, but I do get a bit sad when it gets dark so dame early, and having to wear a jacket or somesuch is upsetting to my delicate nature.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Top Tier Months:

May, June Sept Oct

Mid Tier:

April, July, Aug, Nov

Bottom Tier:

Dec Jan Feb Mar

Not a bad sorting, I have always concluded that mid-may to the end of September are the good months of the year and that all the rest have to be tolerated in order to get to the good months.  I am sick of the damn humidity, though, and now I have bike lights, so I hope I can extend the good month category by a couple more weeks on either side.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

March is dreadful, wet, sloppy, slushy, cold, gray, awful. August is the March of summer. 

11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

March is dreadful, wet, sloppy, slushy, cold, gray, awful. August is the March of summer. 

Here in the nation’s Capital. March is the beginning of Spring. Forsythia and crocus are the first flowers of Spring. Followed by daffodils, tulips, and cherry trees. Sure we can see snowflakes in March, but they never stick around long!

22 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Here in the nation’s Capital. March is the beginning of Spring. Forsythia and crocus are the first flowers of Spring. Followed by daffodils, tulips, and cherry trees. Sure we can see snowflakes in March, but they never stick around long!

Montana had snowflakes last night (according to a weatherman).  I wonder if it was before midnight?

I wonder if @dennis has snow yet??

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Montana had snowflakes last night (according to a weatherman).  I wonder if it was before midnight?

I wonder if @dennis has snow yet??

Not sure where it might have snowed, but cold snaps and snow this time of the year are not unusual. Some upland game bird seasons open on 1 September, and these cold snaps often drive the morning doves south. Folks that are hunting blue and ruffled grouse in the mountains also encounter snow this time of the year. We are just happy to have the cooler temperatures.

• Heart 1