Odd choice of words...

ChrisL

So the rep of our biggest security provider calls me today for a follow up.  She wants to see how things are going and status on future needs.  I had met this rep several times before and she is a go getter no BS person & oh by the way really attractive.  

So after the call she says too bad we won’t be going to ISC as I’d love to hook up with you in Vegas.  Now as an end user I do get the free drinks & dinner from my suppliers at these shows so I’m gonna guess that’s what she meant but the word choice was unusual.  

• Awesome 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

So the rep of our biggest security provider calls me today for a follow up.  She wants to see how things are going and status on future needs.  I had met this rep several times before and she is a go getter no BS person & oh by the way really attractive.  

So after the call she says too bad we won’t be going to ISC as I’d love to hook up with you in Vegas.  Now as an end user I do get the free drinks & dinner from my suppliers at these shows so I’m gonna guess that’s what she meant but the word choice was unusual.  

Run away, run away fast.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

So she wants to get you drunk and have her way with you?

:o

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Nothing inappropriate would have happened & I’ll share the story with my wife later.  I think she was just being flirty/funny with the word choice.

yeah... probably is common for her in sales. Give the marks a hint of "maybe".  Sign the contract. Gonzo. 

you just got caught in the back wash. All the single guys...OMG, OMG!

frankly it pisses me off....but not my circus

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t see it at all inappropriate for people who have socialized and presumably had fun together In the past. Outside of an eighth grade dance, I think of “hooking up” as just meeting up, reconnecting, nothing sexual implied. :dontknow:

Hooking up now always has that subtext to it these days, probably as the first meaning (sexy time) as opposed to the last.

22 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t see it at all inappropriate for people who have socialized and presumably had fun together In the past. Outside of an eighth grade dance, I think of “hooking up” as just meeting up, reconnecting, nothing sexual implied. :dontknow:

Probably so and I have met with her at an event in Vegas last year and have had lunch with her & their techs several times.  I honestly think @Scrapr hit the nail on the head tho as she is that type.