Jump to content

Two things


Allen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Airehead said:

It would have been more fun if they were connected. 
I cannot shoot the broad side of a barn with. 22

I have two that I love. A Browning lever action that I’ve had since childhood. If I can see it, I can hit it with that gun; crazy accurate barrel. I’ve shot countless thousands of rounds through it. 
My other favorite is a 1904 Remington rolling block model 4. It’s just fun to shoot. Got to take your time one bullet at a time. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

me neither, I bought a 36" Sony in 2005...it'll last forever. I have a 20" Sony in my bedroom that was bought around 1990...still works. I'm on a mission to see how long it goes.

I can’t do the tv in the bedroom. I hate watching tv in bed. I can’t get comfortable propped up against the headboard. I don’t even like reading an iPad in bed. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a TV once that I hated.  I won it in some raffle.  It was a 27" POS.  But it worked.  I had wanted to replace it but I just could not justify throwing it out when it worked.  One day I was out running and my wife called and said that the TV was smoking!  I said "DON'T UNPLUG IT!"  I hurried home and it was dead.  We went and got a new one!

  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Allen said:

So what’s new in TVs? Haven’t bought one in like 15 years. 

Wander on down to costco, BJ's or Walmart and see what they have for sale.  Go home and find some reviews for them.  IMO you will find that something in the 42" flat screen ROKU or smart internet capable TV is quite a bargain.  Don't be swayed by lack of brands that are familiar to you but do the reviews after looking.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Allen said:

I have two that I love. A Browning lever action that I’ve had since childhood. If I can see it, I can hit it with that gun; crazy accurate barrel. I’ve shot countless thousands of rounds through it. 
My other favorite is a 1904 Remington rolling block model 4. It’s just fun to shoot. Got to take your time one bullet at a time. 

I have a Sears and Roebuck single shot .22 i got as a kid. It is deadly accurate.🙂

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Wander on down to costco, BJ's or Walmart and see what they have for sale.  Go home and find some reviews for them.  IMO you will find that something in the 42" flat screen ROKU or smart internet capable TV is quite a bargain.  Don't be swayed by lack of brands that are familiar to you but do the reviews after looking.

What angry max said. I bought several smart TVs at Costco in 2012. Samsung 42” and 54”. They are still working well today. Costco doubles the warranty on their electronics and has good support but I’ve never needed it. They were fairly inexpensive too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m a fan of Samsung and LG. They have really dropped in price the last few years. How big to get depends on the size of the room. We have a 50” LG in the family room. Our 32” Samsung in the basement died in a power surge. I want to replace it because that is my training room in the winter. I have a feeling I will be using it more than the gym this winter. Debating whether to move the 50” downstairs and get slightly larger upstairs or just replace with a modest sized on downstairs. The space down there is a little tight. The 50” might be too much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, groupw said:

I’m a fan of Samsung and LG. They have really dropped in price the last few years. How big to get depends on the size of the room. We have a 50” LG in the family room. Our 32” Samsung in the basement died in a power surge. I want to replace it because that is my training room in the winter. I have a feeling I will be using it more than the gym this winter. Debating whether to move the 50” downstairs and get slightly larger upstairs or just replace with a modest sized on downstairs. The space down there is a little tight. The 50” might be too much. 

My current tv is in a set of cabinet shelves. It just fits. So my next one, if I get one, is going to be the same size. Somewhere in the 40s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, groupw said:

I’m a fan of Samsung and LG. They have really dropped in price the last few years. How big to get depends on the size of the room. We have a 50” LG in the family room. Our 32” Samsung in the basement died in a power surge. I want to replace it because that is my training room in the winter. I have a feeling I will be using it more than the gym this winter. Debating whether to move the 50” downstairs and get slightly larger upstairs or just replace with a modest sized on downstairs. The space down there is a little tight. The 50” might be too much. 

That is the dumbest question ever.  OF COURSE you move the fiddy downstairs and go bigger upstairs.  It is never an option to NOT go bigger.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It turns out that mine is a 49" TCL brand ROKU purchased at BJ's about a year and a half ago.  TCL is a Chinese brand not seen here much before a couple of years ago.  That doesn't matter much when you understand that most TV's are made in China no matter what brand they are.

My company sold a lot of lasers to Chinese companies to make TV's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...