Two things

Allen

Just now, Allen said:

So what’s new in TVs? Haven’t bought one in like 15 years. 

me neither, I bought a 36" Sony in 2005...it'll last forever. I have a 20" Sony in my bedroom that was bought around 1990...still works. I'm on a mission to see how long it goes.

• Heart 1

Just now, Airehead said:

It would have been more fun if they were connected. 
I cannot shoot the broad side of a barn with. 22

I have two that I love. A Browning lever action that I’ve had since childhood. If I can see it, I can hit it with that gun; crazy accurate barrel. I’ve shot countless thousands of rounds through it. 
My other favorite is a 1904 Remington rolling block model 4. It’s just fun to shoot. Got to take your time one bullet at a time. 

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

me neither, I bought a 36" Sony in 2005...it'll last forever. I have a 20" Sony in my bedroom that was bought around 1990...still works. I'm on a mission to see how long it goes.

I can’t do the tv in the bedroom. I hate watching tv in bed. I can’t get comfortable propped up against the headboard. I don’t even like reading an iPad in bed. 

• Heart 2

I had a TV once that I hated.  I won it in some raffle.  It was a 27" POS.  But it worked.  I had wanted to replace it but I just could not justify throwing it out when it worked.  One day I was out running and my wife called and said that the TV was smoking!  I said "DON'T UNPLUG IT!"  I hurried home and it was dead.  We went and got a new one!

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Allen said:

So what’s new in TVs? Haven’t bought one in like 15 years. 

Wander on down to costco, BJ's or Walmart and see what they have for sale.  Go home and find some reviews for them.  IMO you will find that something in the 42" flat screen ROKU or smart internet capable TV is quite a bargain.  Don't be swayed by lack of brands that are familiar to you but do the reviews after looking.

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, Allen said:

I have two that I love. A Browning lever action that I’ve had since childhood. If I can see it, I can hit it with that gun; crazy accurate barrel. I’ve shot countless thousands of rounds through it. 
My other favorite is a 1904 Remington rolling block model 4. It’s just fun to shoot. Got to take your time one bullet at a time. 

I have a Sears and Roebuck single shot .22 i got as a kid. It is deadly accurate.🙂

• Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Wander on down to costco, BJ's or Walmart and see what they have for sale.  Go home and find some reviews for them.  IMO you will find that something in the 42" flat screen ROKU or smart internet capable TV is quite a bargain.  Don't be swayed by lack of brands that are familiar to you but do the reviews after looking.

What angry max said. I bought several smart TVs at Costco in 2012. Samsung 42” and 54”. They are still working well today. Costco doubles the warranty on their electronics and has good support but I’ve never needed it. They were fairly inexpensive too.

• Heart 2

I’m a fan of Samsung and LG. They have really dropped in price the last few years. How big to get depends on the size of the room. We have a 50” LG in the family room. Our 32” Samsung in the basement died in a power surge. I want to replace it because that is my training room in the winter. I have a feeling I will be using it more than the gym this winter. Debating whether to move the 50” downstairs and get slightly larger upstairs or just replace with a modest sized on downstairs. The space down there is a little tight. The 50” might be too much. 

2 hours ago, groupw said:

I’m a fan of Samsung and LG. They have really dropped in price the last few years. How big to get depends on the size of the room. We have a 50” LG in the family room. Our 32” Samsung in the basement died in a power surge. I want to replace it because that is my training room in the winter. I have a feeling I will be using it more than the gym this winter. Debating whether to move the 50” downstairs and get slightly larger upstairs or just replace with a modest sized on downstairs. The space down there is a little tight. The 50” might be too much. 

My current tv is in a set of cabinet shelves. It just fits. So my next one, if I get one, is going to be the same size. Somewhere in the 40s.

2 hours ago, groupw said:

That is the dumbest question ever.  OF COURSE you move the fiddy downstairs and go bigger upstairs.  It is never an option to NOT go bigger.  

• Heart 1

It turns out that mine is a 49" TCL brand ROKU purchased at BJ's about a year and a half ago.  TCL is a Chinese brand not seen here much before a couple of years ago.  That doesn't matter much when you understand that most TV's are made in China no matter what brand they are.

My company sold a lot of lasers to Chinese companies to make TV's