Lawrence Reminds Me - We NEED AN UPDATE!!!!

Razors Edge

52 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

You are an anti-pinnite!

I am. 

I think pinned topics should be pinned for a maximum of three days no matter what, and they should be pinned only if someone on the forum is sick and dying or the topic is time-sensitive and needs action.  For instance, a good pinned topic might be "Hey, you slack-ass yokels, time to get out and vote" in the days before the elections or somesuch, or "RG was killed by terminal PRI, please come and tell jokes or spit on his coffin at the wake", stuff like that.

Anything else is simply clutter.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am. 

I think pinned topics should be pinned for a maximum of three days no matter what, and they should be pinned only if someone on the forum is sick and dying or the topic is time-sensitive and needs action.  For instance, a good pinned topic might be "Hey, you slack-ass yokels, time to get out and vote" in the days before the elections or somesuch, or "RG was killed by terminal PRI, , please come and tell jokes or spit on his coffin at the wake", stuff like that.

Anything else is simply clutter.

You are correct, sir!  :D

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

although I do want to know how the banana peels are degrading.

Like, seriously, weren't we promised UPDATES????  I'm not saying @Dirtyhip has disappointed me, but she sure seems to have picked doing "fun" stuff rather than fulfilling her scientific duties here.

How can we advance the science of littering vs composting when out in the woods?  I don't want to litter, but I need some scientific results to prove my banana peels are not litter.  To be honest, I tend to eat (and chuck) apples way more often than bananas, but there can be no argument - even from @jsharr - that chucking apple cores into the woods is not perfectly fine.

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

weren't we promised UPDATES????  I'm not saying @Dirtyhip has disappointed me, but she sure seems to have picked doing "fun" stuff rather than fulfilling her scientific duties here.

We were, and how dare she!  MONSTER!

DH, you have to change your name to Dirty Monster, maybe until this gets unpinned.  Anyway, I do feel we should unpin this and just keep bumping as needed.