Help me get to NYC

smudge

Another option to consider is Amtrak, for yourself and your bike. The costs alone make it an option worth examining.

Good suggestion.  Check with Amtrak ahead of time to make sure they will allow you to bring your bike aboard.  Bringing your bike on board may be limited to stations where baggage checking is available.

http://www.amtrak.com/bring-your-bicycle-onboard

Well, the closest Amtrack is in Milwaukee. Then it's a couple days to get out there... and a couple days to get back. Yes, price is nice, buuuuuttttt.....

Milwaukee to Penn Station is around one day each way. If you're adding a long drive to and from Milwaukee, that's something else to factor in.

Ok. I have set up (yes, already) a nice little studio in Brooklyn.  Ummm, Bed-Stuy area???  Gave me a bit of a deal on it since I'm booking so early, and they like bikes too!  :)

Nate, I finally saw the news about the double decker bus. Whoops!  :D

Hmm, can you back out of it?

All I know about that place is Billy Joel wrote a song about being crazy and walking "through Bedford-Stuy alone". :dontknow:

One of the ladies I work with says it's a good area. A friend of hers lives just a few blocks from where I am renting. She has lived in NY in the past, and she has visited this friend not long ago. She knows the area and has approved. In fact she's looking into renting this place next time she visits her friend.