Damnit!

Allen

Sorry to hear that.  I did that with a portable 5" TV back in the 80's.  The day I got my current and first real smartphone, a Galaxy S7, I reached down for something on my cement-floor front porch and the phone fell out and a tiny piece chipped off a corner.of the case. I was so lucky - I didn't have a case yet.

Ever since, I've had a soft/hard case on it and keep the front on and clipped to my pocket so it grabs the pocket if I bend over too far.

7 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Sorry to hear that.  I did that with a portable 5" TV back in the 80's.  The day I got my current and first real smartphone, a Galaxy S7, I reached down for something on my cement-floor front porch and the phone fell out and a tiny piece chipped off a corner.of the case. I was so lucky - I didn't have a case yet.

Ever since, I've had a soft/hard case on it and keep the front on and clipped to my pocket so it grabs the pocket if I bend over too far.

I have stone floors. A friend accidentally kicked the coffee table getting up. Sent it flying. It landed face down. He feels bad about it, but accidents happen. 

Mall kiosk repair guy.  I met one back before the virus at one of our local "slowly dying" malls near New London.  Business was so bad that he had a store front instead of a kiosk.  The kid had a far better micro soldering and repair system than I had at work.  All Chinese equipment.

Any way perhaps the screen can be repaired.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-fix-a-broken-ipad-screen/

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Mall kiosk repair guy.  I met one back before the virus at one of our local "slowly dying" malls near New London.  Business was so bad that he had a store front instead of a kiosk.  The kid had a far better micro soldering and repair system than I had at work.  All Chinese equipment.

Any way perhaps the screen can be repaired.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-fix-a-broken-ipad-screen/

It has a sizable dent in it. It’s been done ugly enough that I’m going for the replacement. 
I would rather have an iPad than a tv. So I’m skipping replacing the tv for now. 

• Heart 2