Indiana is boring

BR46

4 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

When you get just north of Louisville (assuming that you are heading south towards Kentucky) stop by at P8's place.

I should mooch dock in his driveway. Maybe P8 would make me breakfast. 

• Heart 1

On the other side of the coin...  you want to plan your trips to avoid 'rush hour' (more like stopped hours) in many large cities.   

OMG... once WoBG and I ended up driving thru NYC on one of their expressways parking lots during rush hour.    Yeah bad planning on my part.  

Indiana is a place for people who are waiting to die, and most residents don't realize this.  People like this have never really been very interesting.  They won't have interesting conversations, or tell interesting jokes or interesting stories.  You won't have interesting scenery or interesting restaurants.  In fact, the only interesting thing that may happen is wondering how fast you can get through without being pulled over for speeding, or figuring out interesting ways to kill yourself if you ever had to live in Indiana for some reason.  Plus, the people there are uniformly dumber than shit, based on personal experience.

3 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

WoBG and I ended up driving thru NYC on one of their expressways parking lots during rush hour. 

Horrendous driving here, I still have nightmares.

14 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Then whatever you do don't drive across Nebraska on I-80. 

Confirmed.  I do think that Nebraska or Kansas are the most boring states to drive through, followed closely by Indiana and Iowa.

10 hours ago, BR46 said:

I should mooch dock in his driveway. Maybe P8 would make me breakfast. 

You should have!  Although I had to be at work early this morning.  I am only 15 miles or so off I-65 when you get down close to Louisville.  Seriously, you are welcome to do that when (if) you go back through.

• Heart 3

9 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Indiana is a place for people who are waiting to die, and most residents don't realize this.  People like this have never really been very interesting.  They won't have interesting conversations, or tell interesting jokes or interesting stories.  You won't have interesting scenery or interesting restaurants.  In fact, the only interesting thing that may happen is wondering how fast you can get through without being pulled over for speeding, or figuring out interesting ways to kill yourself if you ever had to live in Indiana for some reason.  Plus, the people there are uniformly dumber than shit, based on personal experience.

Middle Fingers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Randomguy said:

And if you think Indiana is bad, do not take I-70 or I-80 east of it.

19 hours ago, BR46 said:

For the last hour Wo46 has been driving the motorhome and I'm bored. 

There's nothing here 

19 hours ago, BR46 said:

I-65 

My experience was mostly on I-90. driving between Baltimore and Chicago during grad school at IIT.

The big thrill is you could, at least in the mid-70's, see the Notre Dame Golden Dome as you passed the South Bend area.

Once, some locals among the grad students at IIT, half-loaded, one afternoon were going to show us half-loaded Easterner grad students the Indiana Dunes.

We drove from Chicago to the Indiana Dunes National Park and got there just before 8 pm, drinking more beer along the way.

The Park Rangers told us we couldn't enter because the Park closed at 9 pm.

We argued and argued that we had an hour, forgetting we were on Central Time in Chicago and Indiana is on Eastern Time!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

You should have!  Although I had to be at work early this morning.  I am only 15 miles or so off I-65 when you get down close to Louisville.  Seriously, you are welcome to do that when (if) you go back through.

Depending on how the racing goes we should be driving through Louisville Monday afternoon sometime. 

• Heart 1