T-shirt morbidity

Randomguy

8 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am generally easy on clothes, shoes, bikes, etc.  Anyway, I think maybe I had to retire one t-shirt in the last ten years, but about half a dozen this year.

Thanks, Obama.

T-shirts take FOREVER to wear out, and I have so many from various events that I just have to decide to chuck them eventually.  I am wearing t-shirts all day every day now that I WFH, so maybe that will change???

Shoes (sneakers) only last a couple years and then drop back on the shoe rotation.  Work shoes eventually wear out in the soles (heel area usually), but are getting zero wear these days. A bike never wears out.  Pretty much impossible to wear a bike out. Parts? Easily. A bike? No effin' way.

3 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Rock n Roll is a cleaner lube. Chains still get dirty over time. 

I watched that Chris Horner thing the other day, and the wax lube aspect was interesting, as was the rest of his no-nonsense routine.   I don't have a hose or access to one, though, so I can't duplicate it.  I am intrigued, though.

27 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The only time I drop a chain is when I crash but I’ve been able to get the chain back on without getting my hands dirty. Years ago I had an issue with the chain dropping when shifting to the small chainring. Used a wet lube back then and always got greasy fingers putting it back on.

That’s why my shorts are black, you can’t see where I wiped mah fingers.

• Haha 1