My wife quit her job yesterday.

Dottles

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

I wish her luck.  You've mentioned that some of the changes you were making were in part to help her get out of a really bad workplace. Is she looking for a new job?

She actually liked the people she was working with but I think she just go real tired of the constant crisis mode of operatus.  Her new job will be to spearhead the move to storage.  When we finally reach our destination, I think she'd like to find part time work -- but we're not moving to an area with a great job market.  So yes, Kirby, she will look for new work but I'm hoping to keep the pressure off her.  That's the whole idea of this move.  Well that and to get the hell away from Seattle.  The city politics are bad enough -- but the congestion -- and cost of living are really getting on my nerves. And it's spreading out everywhere.  Greater Seattle unfortunately is becoming GREATER Seattle.  Where we're going should buy us at least 15 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dottles said:

but the congestion

Seattle had some of the worst traffic I had seen, even considering that I had lived in socal and also drove a bunch in NYC.  It was bad.  

Are you prepared to have your wife never work again?  That may be the path you are on.

• Like 1