What's Your Record?

Razors Edge

...for not getting your hair cut as an adult?  No trimming. No nothing. Just letting the hair grow.

I'm at least 6 months in and can see rolling with this another six, since I have no big "events" in the upcoming future to clean up for.  Maybe a job interview or two if I get my ass in gear for that, but otherwise, no weddings and hopefully no funerals on the horizon.

33 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I have very little left, but when it grows out more than three weeks, it gets annoying. A Wahl razor and #1 guard takes care of it.  I’ve grown beyond caring how it looks; it’s all about me. 

+1

I will let it go sometimes a month, but then have to get at it.  I am due.

• Heart 1

Oh gawd. You just had to bring it up, didn't you? So the pandemic has forced me into cutting my own hair. No problem. When I was riding more, I was cutting it myself fairly often. The last couple of years, I have been getting it cut at the barber college. You know, the 20 somethings on the search for a perpetual party? So I have been cutting it myself. Trying to do a good job, which takes like an hour or a day, I can't remember which. I finally built up a good head of steam to cut my hair this week. Got my stuff out and went at it. While trimming the rear of my scalp, the guide fell off the clipper. I didn't realize it until the guide fell into the sink. Shit! Now I am running around with skin exposed to daylight that hasn't experienced such for more than two days of my whole life. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Now I am running around with skin exposed to daylight that hasn't experienced such for more than two days of my whole life. 

At that point, just take it down all over.  Start with a clean slate.

I've debated the shaved head route vs the never cut it route.  I may let it grow a while longer and then go the full opposite direction and shear it all off.  Maybe a mohawk for a few days before shaving it completely would rock.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Yep, that's what I'm doing. I am a little surprised that no one has giggled. I imagine they will go home and tell the tale of the walking cue ball. :)

You could go TOTALLY smooth and apply some wax!!!  We'd love that! Could also take advantage of the lack of hair to get a few tattoos that will be covered when the hair comes back.  Maybe a racy drawing???? 

• Haha 1